Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Buell XB9SX Owner

New Buell XB9SX Owner

Hello Gents,

I have just purchased by 2006 Buell XB9SX. Great bike, very clean however the electrical system was toast!! I had the '77' connector melt it seems and ended up with a regulator and stator that were both toast as well. Anyone else have this issue with the '77' connector? I was lucky enough that in nearby Vista Ca. ASB still has their shop and gave me the number of a good Buell guy to help me out with my first time diving into it.

Last thing, I'm really looking at the Drummer SS, it's a lot of coin for sure. Is it really worth it?

Thanks Gents, currently in Iraq, I get back in March and I look forward to the riding the Buell almost as much as I do my wife...hahaha stay safe gents. Good day.

Welcome to the forum. Get back stateside safe and sound!

Welcome to the world of buell. Be safe over there man and thanks for keeping us safe here. These guys on here will get your bike straightened out.

Hello mate welcome to the forum! i cant help you with the main problem but i can offer my opinion on the Drummer SS and that is that its worth every penny! Looks sexy, sounds sexy and really works! Have you visited www.kdfab.com there is a nice photo of Kev and a US Soldier who has one on his Buell and Kev is a real "Diamond Geezer" as we say over here!

Welcome, first thing first, Get home safe! their are a lot of guys on here that can help you with your bike, a lot of info on trouble shooting 03-07 bikes on here.

I imagine they pointed you over to motoenthusiasts.com for any service needed. If not, check them out, they are also in Vista. Jacob (theycallmecrash) is the owner, and on this forum as well.

Buell711 great guy to deal with and a True Buell Enthusiast. Let me know when youre back, I need a reason to get out and ride

Hey Jacob, thanks again for all the help. I will for sure give you a call when I get back. I still haven't taker her for a good ride yet. Still really undecided on the exhaust. It's down to Hawk or the Drummer....what do you think?

Personally the Hawk if at best a budget can, and you get what you pay for there. Drummer is a great option, I dont think you can go wrong there. Spoke with Kevin Drum the other day, super nice guy and great customer support there

Welcome, I can vote for the drummer. I have the D&D exhaust and honestly it's just loud. But if you want loud D&D is one of the loudest.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast