Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Windscreen removal and replacement question - grommet related...

Sweet mother of God!.......lol
    bark buster screws are spikes too!!

Lol, you went balls to the wall. I bought an ironhead to build off this skinhead once and it had shell casings siliconed onto the primary cover bolts

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    bark buster screws are spikes too!!
    Thats for the roadkill...LOL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    Lol, you went balls to the wall. I bought an ironhead to build off this skinhead once and it had shell casings siliconed onto the primary cover bolts
    HEY i had an ironhead LOL. I'm no skin head though, just weird.

Besides spikes are one thing, williegoat's bike has a friggin mohawk! (which is awesome btw)

Wanted to follow up. I was able to order some stock well-nuts (and use the stock oem screws/washers).

In case searches in the future point to this thread, here are some thoughts:

1. Search evil bay for the well nuts vice ordering them direct...they are *much* less expensive than at your Harley shop. Use the item number in this thread for your search.
    2. When installing, it will take *a lot* of compression on the "back" side of the nut to enable the stock screws to engage the threads. This increases the risk of cross-threading. The amount of force and compression necessary was surprising.

As far as the zero gravity, double-bubble windscreen goes:

1. Aesthetically it is nice, but not (imo) as "cool looking" as the stocker. It is a bit imposing with respect to the entire motorcycle.
    2. Functionally it is superb - there is a noticeable change in wind buffeting at all speeds - especially if in a tuck on the freeway, etc.

Hope that helps.

Yeah - aesthetics are such a matter of personal taste. I like it on there...a lot. I *think* that from the perspective of the bike's lines, the stocker's profile matches it better (only in my opinion, of course).

Like I said, though, functionally the ZG screen is *quite a bit* better than the stock screen (again, in my opinion). :-)

Quote Originally Posted by vicenzajay View Post
    Nah...I'd prefer to use my original bolts and keep the same "look" that I've had. I was just picking random ebay listings to ask about size and fitting.

I think I'll look at Lowe's first and go from there. If I can find M5 well nuts and appropriate rubber washers, I'll be set...

Thanks - I'll report back.
    There are a lot more cool options for windscreen bolts for the Japanese bikes. I bought some off eBay but they are M5 not SAE. So, I rethreaded the well nuts to M5.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123