Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Windscreen removal and replacement question - grommet related...

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    Yes you can use the aftermarket well nuts, but like I stated before you can't use the bottom two because of length. You would have to use the factory ones so the two at the bottom will not match if you buy the non factory stainless looking ones. Spiked ones are for "BUSA'S" only! Please don't ghetto up your beloved buell w spiked windscreen bolts..lol
    HEY, My FLHX has spiked windscreen bolts, I would call it Redneck not "Ghetto"... LOL!!! Still good info I was going to buy a black set off ebay but didn't know they were different lengths. The sets on ebay all look the same length.

You really have spikes on your harley? That blows...lol. you can use the eBay well nuts just not all the allen bolts. Now I have to check my black bike for some reason I think I ordered a second set and was able to use all the allen bolts......I'll get back w pics soon. Sparky if that mess is now the red bike in your pic, nice job saving it. What was up with the rear foot peg btw? Crazy stunting wheelie rear comfort peg? Lol

Quote Originally Posted by buell248 View Post
    HEY, My FLHX has spiked windscreen bolts, I would call it Redneck not "Ghetto"... LOL!!! Still good info I was going to buy a black set off ebay but didn't know they were different lengths. The sets on ebay all look the same length.
    Let's refer to your spikes as "UPPER MIDDLE CLASS WHITE TRASH" cause they are on a harley and not a BUSA...LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    Let's refer to your spikes as "UPPER MIDDLE CLASS WHITE TRASH" cause they are on a harley and not a BUSA...LMFAO
    Ill take that as a complement, without "UPPER MIDDLE CLASS WHITE TRASH" paying our taxes this whole world would be in the "Ghetto", buts that's another thread...LOL!!!
    Last edited by buell248; 02-24-2016 at 10:58 PM.

LOL, I'm with you, got a good paying union job and I ALWAYS say you're welcome to someone paying at the register at wawa with one of those EBT cards. It's my effing pleasure to buy your food. Ya had to get me started huh?....lol

Wicked - Thanks, yep, same bike.

Back on topic, in case you don't already have it, the p/n for the OEM nuts is M0703.02A8 (10-32x.665") and screws are SS 10-32x5/8" for the top four and 1 1/4" for the bottom two

I don't know what I did, but I ordered an orange anodized set off fleabay and i am using all six allen bolts, they are all 5/8 length also. Without taking my windscreen off I can't tell what I did, I think I might've put two well nuts in the bottom of the windscreen.....I'll check when I have a chance, they aren't loose......

Quote Originally Posted by sparky300 View Post
    Wicked - Thanks, yep, same bike.

Back on topic, in case you don't already have it, the p/n for the OEM nuts is M0703.02A8 (10-32x.665") and screws are SS 10-32x5/8" for the top four and 1 1/4" for the bottom two
    Perfect - thanks - I think I'm getting a pack of 6 of these from the bay. Then I can just use the stock screws and be good...

Yep - ordered and should be here early next week....thanks, everyone
    Last edited by vicenzajay; 02-25-2016 at 10:34 PM.

Yes you can use the aftermarket well nuts, but like I stated before you can't use the bottom two because of length. You would have to use the factory ones so the two at the bottom will not match if you buy the non factory stainless looking ones. Spiked ones are for "BUSA'S" only! Please don't ghetto up your beloved buell w spiked windscreen bolts..lol

Bite me boys!!!! I must be upper lower middle class white trash....since they're on abuell actually that sounds about right..
    20150905_152557.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by BuellyBagger View Post
    Bite me boys!!!! I must be upper lower middle class white trash....since they're on abuell actually that sounds about right..
    20150905_152557.jpg
    Sweet mother of God!.......lol

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast