Thread: Need Measurements of a Jardine Slip-on

Lightbulb Need Measurements of a Jardine Slip-on

I have a Jardine rt1 on my xb12r, but with work I do not have the time to remove the muffler and measure the inside diameter of it. I need the ID of the muffler/ diameter of the "S"/"J" bend that came with the jardine, so i can find another exhaust with a similar ID, so i can use the "S"/"J" to retro fit another slip-on, akrop/yoshi/two bros...ect,ect.

I can get that for you tomorrow morning when I get off work.

Thanks man, I appreciate it! I'm at work now, And I've got a few different slip-ons to choose from here, Just need the measurements of the Jardine. If everything goes as planned I will post some pictures of the retrofitted exhaust!

2.25" if I'm not mistaken. There are better options out there though.

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    2.25" if I'm not mistaken. There are better options out there though.
    2.25" is the ID of the J bend that goes into the muffler? or the Diameter of the inlet side of the Jardine?

The stock header is 2" OD at the joint where the jardine would slip on to it. I _think_ it might be 2.25" OD where it slips into the front of the muffler body. Definitely not the ID of the pipe. I also think they used 18 gauge tubing, it's thinner than what I build with and will occasionally break. Mine have broken as well at the front motor mount point, but it's usually due to improper mounting and having things bound up and stressed.