Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Member from South Dakota

Sounds like you know what you're talking about!
    Have you checked out the link to EricZs build?

Quote Originally Posted by Chicknstripn View Post
    Sounds like you know what you're talking about!
    Have you checked out the link to EricZs build?
    I haven't yet I don't believe. I have read extensively on the link previously posted to this thread though. I will have to check his thread out. Does anyone have the link?

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by DMIN View Post
    I haven't yet I don't believe. I have read extensively on the link previously posted to this thread though. I will have to check his thread out. Does anyone have the link?
    here ya go. nice vid of his last blow-up bike.

I like this video! https://youtu.be/HKa942UPhVU and this is what john meant! lol https://youtu.be/-GLeb_I-oEA
    Last edited by ToneTheMoan; 02-24-2016 at 08:18 PM.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ToneTheMoan View Post
    I like this video! https://youtu.be/HKa942UPhVU
    the carnage is magnificent isn't it tony?12208339_759301807536011_898950340054834404_n.jpg

Hey John we just posted the same video! (mine is just a link though!) see great minds think alike!! and yes thats one way to lighten the crank! lol

I like this video! https://youtu.be/HKa942UPhVU and this is what john meant! lol https://youtu.be/-GLeb_I-oEA
    Oh damn! lol. IC what you mean!

Lunaticfringe? It says that on my helmet!!! lol. About time to get a new one though... been rough on this one for 3 years and all the sealing rubber where the visor meets the face is peeled off... does not make my cold ride any better... nice 40 degree breeze in my face at 70mph lol.

So... I bought a brand new battery the day before I installed my starter. Took it from the store. Was charged up to 12.6V (as it should be). But when I got the starter in the bike wouldn't start. I of course immediately blamed my 2nd hand starter, but a little testing showed the battery was cranking weak... brought it to work and tested it with a load tester and it failed... It is a Yuasa YTX14H (which is a fancy way of saying it is meant for big CC bikes and has extra CCA to turn over cold V-twins). It tested with 156CCA and it is rated for 240CCA. And almost every new battery I've ever come across has had more CCA from the factory than its rating... I know the battery has not been sitting because I had to special order the battery from my old boss and waited several weeks as it was on back order...

What could be causing this battery to fail so soon!? Surely a day or so of low charge didnt destroy any cells!? Is there any other testing I can do? I charged it up overnight on my digital charger with the auto setting set to 2v and dissipated the surface charge before starting my bike and it cranked and started like a dream! But after a 10 minute interstate trip to work, I shut it off, and It could not longer start an hour later? I suppose my charging system could be the new cause?

I also noticed my negative cable was not as tight as I left it, but was still fairly tight... Maybe the connection was good when it started, but then shook loose during the ride and didn't have enough connection for the charging system to send voltage back to the battery? Any advice?

Brought the bike in on my break to adjust the clutch cable. Much better now!!! Did an "accidental" power wheelie pulling out of the parking lot. even on cold, gravel covered concrete. Unbelievable how much traction this bike has!

Anyways... Bike wouldn't start when leaving for break and showed about 10v on the battery!!!!!! Put a jump pack on it and it fired right up... but I really don't understand how it got so low! If it had 12.6v when I started it, even if the cable shook loose on the ride to work, I don't think one cold start would drop the battery from 12.6v to 10.1v!? Something is obviously wrong...

These bikes save so much money on front tyres, they only do half the mileage of the back ones! lol

These bikes save so much money on front tyres, they only do half the mileage of the back ones! lol
    So true!!!

I just want to say that I love the response time of this forum!!! My Nissan forum has over 30k members and you still wait hours for a reply!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast