Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Buell XB high performance front isolator

Don't worry, the amount the engine falls down when the front isolator fails is minimal. And I'm sure the engine won't fall all the way out. The two tie bars(one at top of engine with grounding strap and the one at the rear next to rear isolator) and the "V" bracket would have to fail at the same time as the front isolator in order for that to happen.
    But I'm sure it would make for one hell of a sketchy ride if the isolator did/does fail.
    Last edited by Chicknstripn; 03-18-2016 at 02:33 PM.

When are you going to do a Rizoma front pulley cover knock off. Damn, if I knew you were into this stuff before I would have pitched it then...

Screw the pulley cover, let's get some rizoma rear pulleys made!

We can both dream...

Banned
    Finally I've got the new front isolator. It looks like the Chinese guys did really good work.

Old isolator vs new isolator

Since I'm waiting screws and rubber tubes from McMaster Carr I'm thinking about to throw these parts in a local anodizing shop with vibratory tumbler. I'm not sure about the color, may be keep it raw.

Last edited by TPEHAK; 03-19-2016 at 06:12 AM.

Well would you look at that - that's nice!

True buell enthusiast. I love how so many custom ideas come from the members of this forum. I also would love to have/buy one and if needed would gladly give feed back on any of the first models that are sold/issued/released.

So how much did it cost you to outsource to China?

Is the Chinese prototype a one shot deal and these will be made in America???????

Banned
    About 400$ for all parts and 5 days including delivering http://www.rpprototype.com . I just sent them the CAD files, the part drawings, the restrictions and get the parts in 5 days . I believe this is one of the cheapest and the fastest option. Local machine shops here in Seattle ask a few thousands dollars and a few weeks for the same work, for this price I can buy my own CNC milling machine and start producing the parts. I worked with those guys previously and their price always was lowest even comparing with another Chinese companies.

I do not care where it will be made if it will work properly. But for me it is a one shot deal because I have no plans and no abilities to produce the parts. If the isolator will work successfully with no tweaks I will share the drawings so someone can use it.

Last edited by TPEHAK; 03-19-2016 at 10:48 PM.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast