Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Warning: Aftermarket levers

If you can slide a small paper clip between the lever and the piston, you should have enough room.

I just got new CRG shortys and noticed they pushed in on the piston more than the original lever. There was no indication it would cause an issue as there was no drag. I didn't want to take any chances so I made it fit like my oem lever. My OEM lever did not have an air gap at all, so I did not add one when I modified the CRG. Sad I felt I needed to modify an $80 new part, better safe than sorry.

The piston can compress a little bit. Its only when you look into the master cylinder reservoir and see the piston pass the hole that theres a problem.

If you shave down your levers to get an "air gap", you will have a bunch of free play before the brakes start to work. Up to you, but I'm a bit finicky about that.YMMV

Just had this happen with my new to me XB12 FrankenBuell I am getting sorted out. Has ASV levers, but they obviously dont match up. I am putting new radial master off ZX10 and clutch perch as well to get rid of the mirror mount holes, and better performance.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123