Thread: Strange Idle after intake replacement

Strange Idle after intake replacement

So I replaced the intake seals on my 07 stt, put it all back together, fired it up and it didn't want to idle. I figured since the intakes leaked so much the ecm needs to calibrate to the new readings. So I crank up the idle to keep it running and take off. It coughed and shuddered for a while but it eventually smoothed out.

Current problem, it still doesn't want to idle. It wants to die when I start it and after it warms up the idle doesn't come down... it just keeps creeping up to 2 then 2.5.

When I put a load on it the idle comes down and stays for a bit but then sneaks back up.

I did a tps reset.
    I tested the intakes to see if they still leaked and I didn't get a response so they seem good.
    What next?

I had idling issues last year and it turned out to be a TPS on the way out (never threw any codes). I picked up a TPS from autozone (duralast part, number can be found on the forum) and took 30 minutes to replace. If it doesn't fix it, you could just put the old part back and return the sensor.

Another thing to check, maybe first, is to remove the IAC and clean it. That is no cost and may solve idling issues.

I would recommend setting the idle as low as possible. The spike in idle after a TPS reset usually happens when the idle is set too high. Or take an Allen with you on your next ride and adjust the idle after the bike is real good and warm.
    My bike would do the same thing after a TPS reset.
    I took an Allen tool with me on my first ride and when the started to spike, I pulled over and lower the idle just enough for the idle speed to level out. Got back on the road and it was all good.

Good call. Idle was just too high. I also cleaned the air filter so that might had helped too.

Thanks