Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: EBR spoken of on FZ-09 forum

I'm guessing you guys haven't actually ridden an 1190 SX then? Sure, it was priced a little higher than your target, but throw a leg over one with one of my exhaust systems on it and ride it, you'll think that Hellcat sounds like your grandma's oldsmobile. Even stock they sound pretty decent under a hard load, but they can be uncorked easily enough.

no reason why ebr cant to BOTH in my thinking.. pure racing stuff on one side and the on the other side , " hey, we got badass American streetfighters too" ebr has to "embrace its American" if not, its going to be the American version of Aprilia ...

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    I'm guessing you guys haven't actually ridden an 1190 SX then? Sure, it was priced a little higher than your target, but throw a leg over one with one of my exhaust systems on it and ride it, you'll think that Hellcat sounds like your grandma's oldsmobile. Even stock they sound pretty decent under a hard load, but they can be uncorked easily enough.
    oh I'm sure its badass, I'm just talking purely from a styling angle.. something more minimal, little headlights, black frames on chrome bolts, hidden lines and cables, that kind of thing..

I'm guessing you guys haven't actually ridden an 1190 SX then? Sure, it was priced a little higher than your target, but throw a leg over one with one of my exhaust systems on it and ride it,
    not disputing the sx a sweet machine, and I don't even think the price is bad, would sooner put that kind of money on it than a ducati! Would be neat if they made a less edgey more "classical" style cafe maybe, but I wouldn't expect a 10k piece tag, something closer to 14. Maybe a de tuned Rotax that they could rework to be more of a loapy thunder er?
    Hell I dunno!

yeah I was dreamin at 10k.. I would take a 1190 SX no problem but it if they gave it the "ronin" type treatment with a touch Confederate, I would be all over it.

you know, "America edition" I think they would sell quite a few of them.. probably be the most popular model. not everybody wants a "race bike" a lot of guys want a "hot rod" streetfighter.. spec sheet would still look awesome but you would have that "badass" look.. tune if for mid-range and gear it down a little bit.. it would be badass
    Last edited by Gloomshadow; 03-04-2016 at 05:51 PM.

You do realize the 1190 motor is making something like 80 ft/lbs of torque from like 3400 rpm to redline, right? "De-tuning" it would be a bit silly, it has power EVERYWHERE.

You do realize the 1190 motor is making something like 80 ft/lbs of torque from like 3400 rpm to redline, right? "De-tuning" it would be a bit silly, it has power EVERYWHERE.
    damn it quite sh#ting on our parade!!! LOL Point taken, maybe there is something they could whip up that would be less costly than the 1190??? maybe the 1125 is cheaper to produce, just spot ballin'!!!

that's plenty.. I'm just talking about how it looks.. the SX just can be made to look more like an American custom.
    it needs to look like THIS... this is perfect for me.. but with more black and more chrome he he

I think thats more than $10k.

Yep, that's an R̶S̶ RR that was modded to it's current form. As a guess, it's probably in the neighborhood of $55k+ for that build. I _think_ they were going to do a kit for them, not sure what ever happened with it. If you're serious about it, ask Jens at NCCR http://www.nccr.se/html/kontakta_oss.html

I'm sure they'd be willing to at least discuss it, but I doubt it will be cheap.

Btw, the rear rim is worth about $2500 alone.

Last edited by d_adams; 03-05-2016 at 01:12 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast