Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Accidentally" bought a new bike (Lightning Super TT)

"Accidentally" bought a new bike (Lightning Super TT)

First off. Already proud owner of an -05 XB12 Firebolt tuned by the Buell race team.

So. Ran into an ad on Craigslist last night. I've always wanted a Lightning. Especially the Super TT for some reason. Sooooo I went to look at it. Brought some cash and all of a sudden Im standing in my driveway with it.

- 2008 XB12 Super TT.
    - 19K Miles.
    - Closed Circuit Buell Race exhaust (Same as on my Firebolt).
    - 600 miles left on the thread and a set of brand new tires came with it.
    - Set of new brake pads.
    - Price tag of $3500K.

I feel like I did well. It runs nice (a lot "loser" and "softer" than my super tuned Firebolt). Such a fast and FUN thing to ride.

Any advice or recommendations regarding immediate maintenance/things to look out for on this year/model?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by sandiegofirebolt; 03-13-2016 at 06:40 PM.

I assume the name is referring to CA, if so Im in North County, i run a small shop called Moto Enthusiasts. We do A LOT of Buell stuff, come check us out or email me Crash@motoenthusiasts.com happy to guide ya through a service or look it all over for you. I own 8 Buells and an EBR 1190SX, I know these things fairly well.

Sweet looking TT! Congrats! Seems to me that $3500 is a pretty good deal for a 2008. Enjoy the ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Theycallmecrash View Post
    I assume the name is referring to CA, if so Im in North County, i run a small shop called Moto Enthusiasts. We do A LOT of Buell stuff, come check us out or email me Crash@motoenthusiasts.com happy to guide ya through a service or look it all over for you. I own 8 Buells and an EBR 1190SX, I know these things fairly well.
    Hey! I'm actually in the LA area these days.

A Buell shop?! Never in my wildest dreams thought this even existed. I'd love to come in and have you take a look. Riding it home I noticed that it was sputtering a bit of gasoline (see attached). Nothing bad. But enough for me to smell it.

Exactly where are you located?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks! Yeah, thats why I jumped on it. Had no intentions of purchasing another bike but I've been itching for more of an adventure/streetfighter type of bike!

I have to admit that the STT was never really my favourite Buell but in those pics you posted it does look really bloody cool so thats a good choice i reckon! Enjoy!

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Theycallmecrash View Post
    highly recommended. jacob knows these bikes extremely well , is an excellent wrench, passionate about buells plus you'll be supporting an independent shop. be advised though....he does often talk a bit too much.

he does often talk a bit too much.
    Youre one to talk. Lol

Im in Vista, and yeah a Buell shop?!?! Harley did some poir work for me a few years back, Im wrench by trade so over the Last year couple years putnthe resources together and started my own shop with my lady Bueller. We have most of.our customers come from OC and LA, even have one from Las Vegas right now.
    And your sputtering filter is actual a breather mod and the liquid is water with some oil. Smells like gas because it is venting the crank case pressure.

Awesome. Hopefully getting my STT here soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ToneTheMoan View Post
    I have to admit that the STT was never really my favourite Buell but in those pics you posted it does look really bloody cool so thats a good choice i reckon! Enjoy!
    Haha thanks. I know its an unorthodox model but I think thats why I like it! Plus, being able to go on long rides (4.4 gallon tank) out in the desert and still have an aggressive city bike is exactly what I wanted at the moment!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast