Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Accidentally" bought a new bike (Lightning Super TT)

Quote Originally Posted by lunaticfringe View Post
    highly recommended. jacob knows these bikes extremely well , is an excellent wrench, passionate about buells plus you'll be supporting an independent shop. be advised though....he does often talk a bit too much.
    Haha I dont mind talkers if the work is solid! :-)

And I will stop by on my way down to San Diego in two weeks! Happy to have a shop like that around!

Quote Originally Posted by Theycallmecrash View Post
    Youre one to talk. Lol

Im in Vista, and yeah a Buell shop?!?! Harley did some poir work for me a few years back, Im wrench by trade so over the Last year couple years putnthe resources together and started my own shop with my lady Bueller. We have most of.our customers come from OC and LA, even have one from Las Vegas right now.
    And your sputtering filter is actual a breather mod and the liquid is water with some oil. Smells like gas because it is venting the crank case pressure.
    Dude. Just by reading your comments Im already sold. I will be stopping by in two weeks. Are you open during the weekends?

As far as the breather goes, is there anything I can do for it to reduce the amount of water/oil sputter or is this something I have to live with?

THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by noone1569 View Post
    Awesome. Hopefully getting my STT here soon.
    I was like a kid in a candy shop riding it home last night. It is such an easy and fun bike to ride. Absolutely love it.

Quote Originally Posted by sandiegofirebolt View Post

As far as the breather goes, is there anything I can do for it to reduce the amount of water/oil sputter or is this something I have to live with?

THANK YOU!
    Yeah, remove the filter and any catch can that my be attached to the hose and reroute it to dump straight to the ground behind the left foot peg.

Quote Originally Posted by neilrl79 View Post
    Yeah, remove the filter and any catch can that my be attached to the hose and reroute it to dump straight to the ground behind the left foot peg.
    Will do. Figured a hose would do the trick.

Whats the purpose of the breather if it does this?

Quote Originally Posted by sandiegofirebolt View Post
    Will do. Figured a hose would do the trick.

Whats the purpose of the breather if it does this?
    Some people think you need a catch can and breather but, in my opinion, that setup can create more of a problem than they solve by pulling moisture out of the air, especially in humid climates.

Quote Originally Posted by neilrl79 View Post
    Some people think you need a catch can and breather but, in my opinion, that setup can create more of a problem than they solve by pulling moisture out of the air, especially in humid climates.
    I would have to agree. Someone did the same thing on my first Buell Blast back in the day. With the same result. A quick trip to home depot and the problem was gone.

I do the easy dump behind the left peg as well, i have seen the filters clog up and bikes start leaking oil everywhere

Also we are open until 1pm on Saturday, and sometimes we are just hanging out. You can grab my number off the website www.MotoEnthusiasts.com and see where Im at if youre around town

Quote Originally Posted by Theycallmecrash View Post
    I do the easy dump behind the left peg as well, i have seen the filters clog up and bikes start leaking oil everywhere
    Im seeing small signs of that. Putting a new hose on it first thing tomorrow morning.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast