Thread: How much fluid in catch can?

How much fluid in catch can?

Curious, how often do you empty your breather reroute catch can? I have the ASB catch can that I recently installed and it seems like it collected quite a bit of fluid in two weeks.

Depends on humidity levels where you ride. Here in the Pacific North-Wet I its endless.

I empty mine at the end of every ride...takes just a few seconds. Sometimes nothing comes out, sometimes the can is maybe 1/4 full (I have a pretty small catch can). Like mmcn49 says, it depends on humidity and how long of a ride.

I drain mine every other fuel stop. Mine is homemade, so it is a different setup. Holds approximately 4 fluid ounces. Fills faster in winter, cold weather.

Quote Originally Posted by jriffe108 View Post
    I drain mine every other fuel stop. Mine is homemade, so it is a different setup. Holds approximately 4 fluid ounces. Fills faster in winter, cold weather.
    Explains a lot... I ride early morning and evenings, so these winter months here in Southern California are a bit damp (foggy).

what is the catch can and where is it located?

It is an aftermarket part purchased to augment the breather tube reroute when you do the open airbox. I picked up my catch can from American Sportbike and it bolts to the front of the oil cooler.