Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New to me Ulysses and new to the Forum

New to me Ulysses and new to the Forum

Hi thought I'd introduce myself. My name is Mark, and I live in Spokane , WA. I have been a sport bike rider all my riding career, but decided that i wanted to explore some of the dirt roads i always rode by. I picked up a new-to-me 06 Ulysses last month and have really enjoyed it so far.

It came with the Hepco & Becker hard luggage which was a little over kill for me and the occasional one or two night trips i take, so I went to the local Army Surplus Store and got a couple Ammo Boxes on sale for $15 each. I got some angle iron, u-bolts, bolts and spacers and made a set of luggage that was a little smaller and more useful for me.

Here is the Uly as i brought it home.

Cut 4 pieces of angle iron to fit the bracket already on the bike

Painted them black and bolted them on with a few nylon spacers and bolts

Attached the boxes with 4 holes, some big ol' fender washers and wing nuts (for speedy removal)

Originally I was going to paint them flat black but i kinda like the olive drab and spray paint look of the original boxes. It has a certain "bad assery" that i like

The next projects are modifying an old universal windscreen to bolt on, and waiting for the new fork seals to come to replace the leaking ones.

Sorry to say but you should of left the original bags on it. Looked much cleaner and nicer with original. just my 2 cents

Inactive

Take it easy you guys.... He's new!

New or old, if you post pics you better be ready for people to tell you like it is. I'm one to tell you if it looks good or bad no bull sh-t. Nice pic John!

As long as the owner of the bike is happy with it the rest is all opinions.
    And you know what they say about opinions!

Welcome to Buell land. There are a lot of knowledgeable people here who can guide you if needed. Looks like you are going to be a great addition as you already modded stuff without asking what others would do to YOUR Buell!

Awesome! please do research on little things if you are thinking about asking stuff. There's a lot of info here & on badweatherbikers.com also

& there's plenty of used parts out there along with some dealers who still service them, I think there's a few near you! So never worry about that

Welcome. A good way to search for answers to questions you may have is to go to Google and in the search field type: "Site:BuellXB.com" followed by your question or topic. That process seems to be more accurate then the built in forum search.

Welcome Mark! Good to see another PNW rider joining the Bueller ranks! I live outside of Portland, OR and I know there are several other folks both here and on BadWeb from OR and WA.

Well mate i really like it! and i like the way you mounted the boxes on, you would fit right in as a London despatch rider as those boxes would take a few wing mirrors off cars! lol Just make sure those wing nuts stay tight and dont vibrate off you dont want to drop one of those boxes in the road thats for sure! Nice bike welcome to the madness!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast