Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: buell is back

buell is back

another chapter:

https://www.biztimes.com/2016/03/17/...ght-direction/

We have an EBR section here you should take a gander at...lol. thanks for the post though

It's great to see Buell continuing to move forward. I really wish they'd continue to offer a Sportster based 1200 air/oil/fan cooled platform. I'm old school and this is the one and only reason I own a Buell now. The Ulysses was a superb bike and I'd gladly be a lifelong customer if a similar option was available. I'm not especially interested in the 1190 based liquid cooled engine although I know it is superior in many ways. Like I say, that's not the reason I own my '09 XB1200XT.

I agree and would like to see the Harley engine wrung out for all the hp's it can make even if it takes a subtle hidden radiator somewhere. I am 3 days into Buell ownership but love the rumblin bumblin ride and great handling. If they change the sound I am back to Triumphs.

We need a new stunt bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ2fUgLgEFA

And a new chapter. Er... 7:54 of saying 'excited' and 'things are happening'. Dang it. I want even the tiniest bit of REAL information. I want them to succeed, and I know these no scam to be had here, but my BS meter is pegged and that makes me sad

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qQ2fUgLgEFA

And a new chapter. Er... 7:54 of saying 'excited' and 'things are happening'. Dang it. I want even the tiniest bit of REAL information. I want them to succeed, and I know these no scam to be had here, but my BS meter is pegged and that makes me sad
    Right? "These things rip down the track, so fast." Cool, what about the other 90% of the community that use their bikes in the real world? I love a good track day as much as anyone, but that equates to about 1% of my riding. I also like how they ended the video with, we're so busy with all this stuff that we're going to tell you about....but we don't have time to tell you. We want to make these videos to keep you up to date, but we don't have time because we're so busy. Busy doing what? Track testing a bike that was designed over a decade ago?

Agreed, but thats how they rate Supersport bikes nowadays. Maybe they haven't passed the EPA hoops to be licensed road legal under the new name yet? I have no idea how that works.

Not to be too negative, but I know Jacob Stark and have ridden with him on track. I like him just fine but there's NO way he is (as introduced) a "Mechanical Engineer", nor was he EVER going to "catch up with Geoff May on the straights". LOLOLOL.

Wheres the footage? It would have been awesome to see a bunch of EBR's on the track... even just a mess around track day... or a hill climb victory run... or a EBR winning a drag race...

I have seen some short video clips on Instagram of the Vance&Hines bike at the strip and the 1190HCR doing some climbing but they haven't done much to push that media out to the masses. You could be right, they may be holding back on releasing anything real until they can actually deliver on what they're showing. If what they're saying is true and they're "too busy" to connect with the public then I fear this ship will sink before it ever leaves port.

These 2 hacks are nothing more than a professional pair of windjammers. Know how I know? Click the below. Melvin dumped this lengthy document on the US motorcycle press with unprecedented fanfare....then completely failed to back it up with one single legitimate pre-production unit that could be dissected by the motorsports press. Melvin liquidates tangible assets of small bankrupt entities....Stark repairs bikes and sells fuel pump kits. That's the extent of their collective talents. Being self-absorbed and full of ones' self does not constitute a talent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gS9SAPMbgVU

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast