Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What parts, and where to buy...

What parts, and where to buy...

I'm sure this has been gone over a few times, but sometimes there are updates. Picked up a new set of rims to get powdercoated, figured I would just get them set up right. Looking for the following items, and advice on where to buy them. If you have ideas on anything I'm missing, feel free to chime in, thank you.

-New wheel bearings... I think I've heard All Balls are the better ones to get..??
    -New rotors - Thinking I might upgrade from stock
    -New brake pads
    -Pulley bearing
    -White or Black airbox/flyscreen. White chin cowl as well, haven't decided which color I'm going with.

Currently have the cherry bomb plastics, but I'm leaning towards white plastics, and getting the wheels changed to a neon blue or orange. If you know of anyone in Minnesota, or western Wisconsin that does quality refinishing and powdercoating, let me know.

Inactive
    i'll assume your XB is NOT a late 2009-2010 with the 3 bearing rear wheel hub/axle design:
    1-all balls kits are very nice for both front and rear hubs. i stock them and sell alot to board members.
    2-all the major quality brake component manufacturers make XB F&R pads. i prefer EBC HH and sell alot of them to board members.
    3-EBC offers a reasonably priced top quality replacement rotor with different surface hole appearance to it for around $165 or so. there are also a few wave-rotor styles availble from ferodo, etc.
    4-tensioner pulley requires 2 bearings. part # is 6203. available most anywhere. BUY QUALITY! these things handle quite a bit of load.

Thanks Fringe! It is a 2009 xb9sx, but not the late model that came with the updated taillight and blinkers.

Sorry, went and visited my local HD buell dealer. Picked up everything but the tensioner bearings. They only sold the whole assembly. Do you know specifically where I can but the bearings from?

I see them online, but I have no idea what ones are the quality ones.

Quote Originally Posted by WayneBrettzky View Post
    Sorry, went and visited my local HD buell dealer. Picked up everything but the tensioner bearings. They only sold the whole assembly. Do you know specifically where I can but the bearings from?
    You went to the HD dealer after John got you all that info?????? WOW!!!!!!

That's f-cked up man, John takes the time to help you with part numbers and has parts and you stick it in his a-s. ( Guess who wont be helping you anytime soon) To those of you that don't know John, He really doesn't have to do the stuff he does on this forum but does it for the love of Buells and bikes in general. He has his own business witch takes a lot of his time so when you message him and he takes the time, the least you can do is get the parts from him. If I were to do that and he took the time to help me I know I would get the parts from him. What the heck is the matter with people?

I'm a union carpenter for a living, I offered up my services to fix any damage at John's shore house after the last recent vicious storm....FREE OF CHARGE! Why? Because John is about as straight up as it gets, the **** he knows and gives to us is invaluable......and he mounts and balances tires for board members for free. That's an eighty dollar bill all day long! C'mon people step your game up!!!!!
    Last edited by wickedchop; 03-28-2016 at 11:39 PM.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast