Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Anyone 08-09 using IDS ECU?

Quote Originally Posted by WayneBrettzky View Post
    I'm just about ready to pull the trigger, but can't decide if I should go with the Hawk or Buell Race option. I think I'll miss the sound of the Hawk, but wondering if there would be an increase in performance using the Race Pipe.... Or if there wouldn't even be a difference.
    IF you have a Race muffler, the race ECM/muffler is the way to go, the Hawk is definitely louder, but the numbers are not as good. If you want loud the D&D is loud.

The Hawk is louder than the Buell race can? Wow, I wouldn't have guessed that...

Them pipes is too heavy tho, almost as much weight as the stock anchor.

2008 Buell Ulysses Muffler Modification

Hello All,
    I am new to the forum just bought a 2008 Buell Ulysses. After purchasing I installed a K&N filter, modified the breather system, an IDS module for a drummer exhaust, and modified a stock muffler-internally installed an xpipe and modified internals similar to a flow master muffler. Being there is not a tune exactly for this setup, I purchased the one from IDS and wanted to see how it runs. The bike runs strong up to about 5500 rpms when the exhaust valve opens up and I believe it is too lean for the muffler setup (will dyno to verify). I pulled the tank cover to make sure the exhaust valve is opening and it opens right at around 5500 as stated previously. Out of the hole I have to lean forward to keep the bike from wheeling over it runs so good. However, I can tell that it pulls better on top-end with the stock setup. My question is can I use buelltooth and the aftermarket tuning tools on the IDS module or will it lock me out? I like the IDS module because it has the fan, ignition advances and other things already setup. P.S.-the my muffler modification sounds so good and is a deep tone not raspy as well as smooth decel with no popping...

Welcome , Drummer IDS tune is not programmed to open the valve ? Why do you think it opens at 5500 rpm ? Show us a pic of ur bike please with the pipe.

Is this TB ?
    Last edited by Silverrider; 01-02-2019 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    Welcome , Drummer IDS tune is not programmed to open the valve ? Why do you think it opens at 5500 rpm ? Show us a pic of ur bike please with the pipe.

Is this TB ?
    As I mentioned, I took the tank cover off and ran the bike with it off so I could view the solenoid operating...it started opening about 5500 RPM. I also called IDS and he said it would operate/function before I ordered it....IMG_2426.jpgIMG_2426.jpgIMG_2426.jpg

Also, if you are referring to TB as Throttle body-Yes it isIMG_2445.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Silverrider View Post
    Welcome , Drummer IDS tune is not programmed to open the valve ?
    I thought the Drummer exhaust didn't use the valve. I know the SS model doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by 34nineteen View Post
    I thought the Drummer exhaust didn't use the valve. I know the SS model doesn't.
    None of the mufflers except the stock one do....Problem is that IDS does not have any free flow exhaust with an exhaust valve except the stock so I took a wild stab at it and hoped it would run good. It does run good thru out the RPM range except 5500 and above. And I don't want to give up the exhaust valve because I like the low end grunt which after that fact even has more low end grunt with the combination....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast