Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone 08-09 using IDS ECU?

Anyone 08-09 using IDS ECU?

My tune just isn't cutting it. Got rid of some of the decel pop, and smoothed the rev bandwith a little, but still feels like it's lacking power.

Looking to get an IDS ECU, as it's a simple plug and play for my 09. Right now I have a Hawk exhaust, but can switch to the Buell race pipe if I need to. Anyone using this ECU? With Hawk pipe?

IDS doesn't sell an ECU for the Hawk. They have an ECU for the race pipe though. I'm using a IDS ECU with a Jardine, I like the tune.

Or, get a Xoptiinside.com tune and put it on your stock ecm.

Quote Originally Posted by GregoXB View Post
    IDS doesn't sell an ECU for the Hawk. They have an ECU for the race pipe though. I'm using a IDS ECU with a Jardine, I like the tune.
    I just bought one from www.idspd.com for my 09 with a Hawk muffler, they list the same ECM for the Hawk/Drummer/Special Ops exhaust (all modified stock pipes). It was $300 plus shipping, Talked to Tim, he was very helpful. I just installed it the other day but didn't get a chance to go out for a good ride, busy weekend! Ill post the results of the change later this week.

O, that's unusual that a Special O.P.S. exhaust would have the same tune as a Drummer and a Hawk. Doesn't seem like it would work since a Special O.P.S. exhaust retains the exhaust valve servo and the Hawk and Drummer do not. I wonder why IDS bothers to list separate ECUs for Special O.P.S and Drummer?

They list a different one for the drummer SS, my hawk exhaust still has exhaust valve hooked up.

Really? They list separate ECUs for Drummer, Drummer SS, D&D, Special O.P.S., Jardine, stock muffler catted, stock muffler non-catted, P&A, Force, and Pro-Series. Which one fits the Hawk best?

Quote Originally Posted by GregoXB View Post
    Really? They list separate ECUs for Drummer, Drummer SS, D&D, Special O.P.S., Jardine, stock muffler catted, stock muffler non-catted, P&A, Force, and Pro-Series. Which one fits the Hawk best?
    Hmmm, look at the 08-09 Firebolt ECMs, same ECM for the Drummer/Hawk/Special Ops, Like I said, call Tim at IDS.

I guess you need to know what's inside of your exhaust and how it's been modified.

Yes, I still have motor hooked up on top of air box and the cable it still hooked up to the top of the muffler...whats inside I dont know... Maybe Ill give Randy a call, Im sure he can explain.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast