Thread: Thinking about buying another Buell (this would make Four)

Thinking about buying another Buell (this would make Four)

So I am on the fence again. Really checking out the cr that is in Joplin. It's within budget. The 990r duke isn't that is up in Minnesota . But I really fell in love with ktm after the last duke I had.
    Still worried about the sprag clutch in the rotax 1125's. Mine went south on me with my last 1125 around 20 to 25k. Pretty expensive to fix but I may get lucky and be getting a well maintained scooter. Just never know. Then the resale worries me. My 1125r took forever. I had it at 2500 with 33k and couldn't give it away. Had deans rt3 on it too with an ebr ecm. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the cr sells better than the r. But this one has high miles already. I hope he would haggle a little bit. I'm in the 4k range for a cr with that many miles. The fairing is a wash. Upgrades don't generally see a return value. Just thought I would get some nudges or encouragement.

My CR may be up for sale. Just did the sprag, gas ricks stator, and is getting the new sh847 voltage regulator. RT3 exhaust and Xopti tune. I wont sell it cheap, but you wont have any problems with it...and the work's been done.

I was never impressed with Mike Cobbs tuning services. They worked and were ok but they were missing something on the water cooled and air cooled motors that I bought tunes for. Ended just getting the EBR ecm.
    Who knows if I 'll take the bait on the cr in Joplin. I may just go get the Duke and stay in the fold. Let me know about your cr if your serious. We have a member in Houston, but I can't remember his screen name that was going to sell me his cr. Never happened and I got a zx10r.

Yeah - I remember your fiasco. The 20k mi CR in Joplin's a pretty good deal. I love the SOC fairing he has to go with it. I even offered to buy it from him...and then my VR died... (New VR will be here Monday).

The KTM looks like a good deal as well.