Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How is best to deal with Americans?

How is best to deal with Americans?

As a Brit dealing with Americans i need some guidance please! If you are waiting for something to be custom made for you but have had very very little in the way of info or updates do Americans respond best to some gentle but constant nudging or will you get a better or faster job done by shutting up and leaving them to it? and this is NOT an anti American piss take by the way, far from it! Thanks chaps and i will check back here in the morning to see what you think? (yes it is the brake rotors! lol ) Goodnight America!

I didn't think they were being made here...

It depends on the person really. Some need constant reminding, to make sure it doesn't get pushed aside, some get frustrated if you ask all the time. I know it can be hard to tell, my truck sat at Whipple Superchargers for 3 months. I felt bad asking, but I asked once a week about progress.

My advise, once a week, unless they give you a date. Of they give you a date, ask the day after if it was finished by the date they specified.

I agree with AZ, no more than once a week.

ask if they can send photos of the progress

Ask for a timeframe to start with, and if you can't get one then the squeaky wheel gets the canola oil.....

just make sure to address that Yank as either "Douchbag" or "Asshole" ..you gotta be polite to Yanks, half of them are packing "heat".

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ToneTheMoan View Post
    As a Brit dealing with Americans i need some guidance please! If you are waiting for something to be custom made for you but have had very very little in the way of info or updates do Americans respond best to some gentle but constant nudging or will you get a better or faster job done by shutting up and leaving them to it? and this is NOT an anti American piss take by the way, far from it! Thanks chaps and i will check back here in the morning to see what you think? (yes it is the brake rotors! lol ) Goodnight America!

what outfit is it tony? i have dealer accounts over here with alot of the suppliers and perhaps know someone there i could reach out for. would be happy to ring them up and check for you if supplied with the info. if you still have my email send me what you can and i'll check on your behalf it that expedites things.

Quote Originally Posted by djs2k2 View Post
    Ask for a timeframe to start with....
    ^ agree. Let them know you are waiting on it and that you would like an actual ETA. Let them know you'd appreciate a realistic date so you don't have to keep bugging them. In my experience sometimes they give a short eta hoping to appease the customer, but most of us would just rather have the real date.

If they give you a date and a week passes past that, give them a ring and mention they told you it would be done a week ago. Then again ask for a realistic date.

The only time they should be annoyed is if someone keeps calling before they promised it would be done. I had to do quite a bit of this for my Penske shock.

Just don't tell them that Bob's your uncle, or offer them a fag .

Tone, you definitely have more patience than I do, how long has is been? 8-10 weeks? I would call them and see if they even started making them. If they haven't done anything just get your rotors shipped back and look into some type of plating and brake pad combo that works on your own.

the old saying around here is "pic's or it didn't happen". Did you put a deposit down? I would just explain that with it being across the 'pond' and all. Tell them you are really excited to get their product and, it's riding season. Is it soup yet?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast