Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leathers

Leathers

I found this seller on eBay that is selling leathers for an amazing price. Yes, it is from China but $240 for a suit plus $80 for shipping seems insane. Anyone have any experience with this?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/jackets-4u/m...p2047675.l2562
    Last edited by WillRotten; 04-02-2016 at 09:22 PM.

I wouldn't buy that set on eBay, have you seen it in person???? How thick is the hide in mm? If your are in the market in that price range Sedici leathers cannot be beat. Very high quality. I have a set and they are absolutely amazing. I would never buy a set of leathers with out seeing them and trying them on...it's your ass on the line out there!!!!

leathers are something you want to try on before buying. If you buy them online and they don't fit...more $ to ship them back!

From the link:

Description:-

Brand New, Made with 1.2-1.3mm Milled 100% PURE LEATHER full padded biker Jacket, included 5piece CE approved Armor Protection which is removable from the Shoulders, back, elbows.

This Jacket has Original YKK Zippers with double Stitching to all seams front velcro Straps for adjustment and stretch panels at the waist zipped Cuffs with Press-Stud.

I hope someone else buys it and gives a review! Too big a risk for me on track days, but maybe just for a spare suit for the street?

I'm sorta picky... I just sold my Dianese suit only because it was getting old, and I won't wear a helmet 5 years after it's build date. Just the way I roll.

I took buell248 advice and went to my local Cycle Gear. Got a nice one piece Alpinestar suit for $100 more than the Sedici leathers. Better quality. Next I'm onto a back protector and gauntlet gloves. My boots aren't the best, but they'll do for now.

Good choice. I always buy safety gear from a company with lots of racing experience. Even their low end stuff benefits from that.

Besides, it's not like you'll be buying a one-piece suit every year!

Yeah, that's what I figured. Alpinestar has been around a lot longer than Sedici and feels much more protected. Was surprised how much back protectors were. I need more work.

I actually have a Dianese back protector I could get rid of. Let me see if I have pics...

Just like this, but the last model.
    http://www.motosport.com/product?psr...FQUmhgodvLcCTA
    Last edited by Cooter; 05-04-2016 at 11:30 PM.

What happened to the leathers that had the chain link metal ( the kind that the knights use to wear ) placed in strategic places ?

Quote Originally Posted by WillRotten View Post
    Yeah, that's what I figured. Alpinestar has been around a lot longer than Sedici and feels much more protected. Was surprised how much back protectors were. I need more work.
    I have the same EXACT back protector that cooter has, it was dirt cheap brand new on evilbay

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast