Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I've searched everywhere for 2009 XB9 Race ecm maps, does anyone know where to get?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I have been using ECMDroid to download existing "race" maps onto stock ecms with huge success.
    It even has a neat "auto tune" feature that datalogs as you ride then will update the map as necessary.
    IMO, building a complete "custom" tune for your bike is pointless because they are already available for the air filter and pipe options. Unless, of course you have mods like a stroker kit, turbo, NO2, and you can legitimately dyno tune it.

I didn't have an android device for it (I'm a Mac guy) so I bought a dedicated tablet for the garage. It has Bluetooth (the only way ECMDroid connects), a SIM card slot, wifi, etc. I even got 3 years drop/spill warranty, all for $40

You'll need to get a Bluetooth dongle that connects to the bike so they can communicate. Those are easy to find. Try Buelltooth.com, xopti, and I think AZmidget makes them too? They're all about $40-$50, pick your poison.

Edit: I might have an extra dongle? I'll check tomorrow. PM me if you want to go that route. You could always just buy a "race" ECM for plug and play, check the classifieds here or on badweb. Then you'll have an extra one to play with!
    Wow auto tune? That sounds amazing. Yes, I am definitely interested now. I'm going through all this because I feel like my bike lost some low-end torque, and I have a feeling it's the K&N filter causing the bike to run slightly Lean, and it doesn't feel like the closed-loop system is compensating for this even though it should. I just want some extra fuel to get that torque back. So can this auto tune essentially create a race map equivalent?

TunerPro RT is what I am using and it is not all that complicated. Playing with the program its not hard and is actually kind of easy it reads and writes to the ecm, data logs and if you register a copy of MegaLog Viewer HD you can use the VE Analyzer function to get a real world tune using the stock narrowband o2 sensor. Its not a perfect system (tuning via narrowband) but it does a good job from what I have read. I adjusted the fuel map in the 1900-2900/20-40TPS range because my bike did not like to cruise. I may have it a bit too rich now, but the stumble when cruising seems to be almost gone. Once I do my open airbox mod I plan to buy a register MegaLog Viewer and explore the depths of DIY tuning.

EDIT- I just modified the maps yesterday so no long term analysis, but there is definitely a lot more popping when letting off throttle in that range.

I wont get into it, it's a touchy subject. But someone put in a lot of time making these maps for the different muffler and sells them, then people have been posting them up for free, and companies have been offering discounts to people who do share these maps for their gains.

Buelltooth is banned from pretty much all the Buell facebook groups. I don't know if he has been banned from here, but I haven't seen him post in a long time.

Mine are $69, but use quality made in the USA electronics, protected in a small plastic box, backed by Michael Cobb of xoptiinside.com, able to be used with TunerPro RT, and I am actually here on the forums and facebook groups helping people.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatout View Post
    EDIT- I just modified the maps yesterday so no long term analysis, but there is definitely a lot more popping when letting off throttle in that range.
    Michael Cobb's tunes fix that issue.

AZ, I don't do the Facebook, there's too much drama there for me Your explanation sort of confirms that, it sounds like a lot of butthurt that I'm happy to avoid.

OP, you can go whatever path of least resistance you want. Buy an ECM, buy a tune, or do it yourself for free. Personally I'm a DIY guy and if you want to go that way, AZ is right, he's on here a bunch and does his best to help out. I would have no issue buying a dongle from him, I'm sure it's good stuff and I have no doubt he would back it unconditionally.

Cooter, thanks. Yeah, there gets to be a lot of drama. That's why I try to stay out of it as much as I can, just state my facts and that's all.

Bottom line, "free maps" are just like downloading a song for free on the internet. Technically stealing, depending on how you look at it, but everyone does it, and the possibility of it not being right for your setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    You can get to 99% perfect with an existing tune, but the only way for anyone to perfectly tune a bike is to dyno tune it.
    Actually, to get it perfect, it should be ROAD tuned with wideband O2 sensors. If you could swing it, a 4 or even 5 gas analyzer would be better, but it's a bit expensive to do so. Dyno tuning it will get it fairly close, but on some bikes (1125, 1190) that actually will lead to a lean condition due to the ram air effect. XB's and older tuber models with FI probably won't benefit much from it, but I'd still take a logged bike ride that was done under true riding conditions over one that was done just on a dyno. I know for a fact that the ram air effect on the 1125's and 1190's equates to a full air/fuel point at speed vs on a dyno. For reference, my 1190 is tuned at 12.5-12.8:1 air/fuel on the road, it runs at 11.5:1 on a dyno and STILL managed to squeeze out 179 hp at the wheel. That full point of air/fuel is worth on average 5-7 more hp.

Say you were to tune the 1190 on a dyno to run at 13:1 or even 13.5:1 air/fuel mix. Put it out on the race track, now at speed it's going to be 14.5:1 and you're actually losing power. This is just my personal observations, do what makes you happy. I spent a small fortune dialing in the 1190 tune. Just the wideband sensor setup and programmable ecm was $1300 and that was before it was even installed on the bike, much less any tuning done at all. If you want to go fast and make it truly run right, be prepared to either spend a lot of time or a fair bit of $$ to get it done.

Of a side note, anyone that leads you to believe it can be done right with just the stock narrowband sensors is blowing smoke at you. The narrowband sensor is exactly that, a very narrow and defined range of operation, specifically 14.7:1 and it cannot differentiate any more than it's rich or lean. Widebands tell you much more of the story, along with EGT sensors and if you have the money to do it, 4 or 5 gas analyzers.
    Last edited by d_adams; 04-04-2016 at 04:27 PM.

Very true Dean, good point and no argument here. I'm just trying to K.I.S.S. on the subject. A "race tune" is plenty close enough for the 98% masses, and certainly closer than a stock ECM with aftermarket filter and pipe. You'll agree the last couple percent ain't cheap!

If you plan on making that 1190 tune available, make sure you copyright and/or patent it along with encryption to each VIN#. You spent that $$ to make it right, you deserve to re-coup your investment and even a profit if you can. It's ignorant to let it out there unprotected, you are begging for trouble.

In the mid 90's (OBD I) companies that were in the business of tuning (Jet, Hypertech..) successfully defended themselves from the OEM's to have the right to change the OE tune, but you still need encryption or guess what? People will give it away and even re-sell it. Buell never even bothered to fight it when private people broke their encryption and made their own tunes, like you, you bad boy

What am I talking about? You must be doing it for the of it! Making a tune for maybe 300(?) production bikes is a terrible business model! But you better believe I'm going to call you when I get my SX!! Pipe and ECM please
    Last edited by Cooter; 04-04-2016 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AZmidget91 View Post
    I wont get into it, it's a touchy subject. But someone put in a lot of time making these maps for the different muffler and sells them, then people have been posting them up for free, and companies have been offering discounts to people who do share these maps for their gains.

Buelltooth is banned from pretty much all the Buell facebook groups. I don't know if he has been banned from here, but I haven't seen him post in a long time.

Mine are $69, but use quality made in the USA electronics, protected in a small plastic box, backed by Michael Cobb of xoptiinside.com, able to be used with TunerPro RT, and I am actually here on the forums and facebook groups helping people.
    Okay, but it's just hardware. Yours vs Buelltooth, it's just a piece of hardware dongle, I'm not understanding what is has to do with proper tunes and potentially bricking an ECM?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast