Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I've searched everywhere for 2009 XB9 Race ecm maps, does anyone know where to get?

I've searched everywhere for 2009 XB9 Race ecm maps, does anyone know where to get?

Eeprom or text file, don't care, just anything. I've searched this forum and others, read hundreds of threads, I cannot find anything for 2009. Anyone have some clues?

They were never available

Quote Originally Posted by UMDterp13 View Post
    They were never available
    Really? What's different about the newer models, what's stopping people from uploading the Race maps online?

Xoptiinside.com
    Some of the members using this.

Quote Originally Posted by buell248 View Post
    Xoptiinside.com
    Some of the members using this.
    Unless I'm not seeing it, there's no archive of race maps on his site. He does custom tunes and provides tools to tune.

He has "race maps". Not the stock ones, better ones. Which costs money, sorry, gotta pay to have a proper tune.

There is a guy hosting free race maps for the 03-07 bikes to help sell his Bluetooth products, he has been banned from several Buell groups of that tells you anything.

Quote Originally Posted by AZmidget91 View Post
    He has "race maps". Not the stock ones, better ones. Which costs money, sorry, gotta pay to have a proper tune.

There is a guy hosting free race maps for the 03-07 bikes to help sell his Bluetooth products, he has been banned from several Buell groups of that tells you anything.
    So free maps are frowned upon in this community? I thought the opposite, like open sourced software

Tuning used to be a black-art, with mysterious and closely guarded secrets only summoned by the grand wizard of binary speaking, computer literate nerds.

Things have changed since 2003. You can download ECMSpy, ECMDroid, and others for free, learn the system to download an existing map (I don't know about 2009's availability) and even "auto-tune" it yourself with a minor learning curve. I'm doing it myself right now. You can get to 99% perfect with an existing tune, but the only way for anyone to perfectly tune a bike is to dyno tune it.

Hey AZmidget. I never heard of anyone being banned from "several Buell groups" for giving out free stuff!? Whats his name? Sounds like there's more to that story.

As far as open-sourced, I would guess that only the defunct company "Buell" (for their exact stock tunes), or the defunct company "EBR" (for their exact race tunes), would have and copyrights to them? Think they'll lawyer up for a 7 year old, out of warranty bike tune? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Tuning used to be a black-art, with mysterious and closely guarded secrets only summoned by the grand wizard of binary speaking, computer literate nerds.

Things have changed since 2003. You can download ECMSpy, ECMDroid, and others for free, learn the system to download an existing map (I don't know about 2009's availability) and even "auto-tune" it yourself with a minor learning curve. I'm doing it myself right now. You can get to 99% perfect with an existing tune, but the only way for anyone to perfectly tune a bike is to dyno tune it.

Hey AZmidget. I never heard of anyone being banned from "several Buell groups" for giving out free stuff!? Whats his name? Sounds like there's more to that story.

As far as open-sourced, I would guess that only the defunct company "Buell" (for their exact stock tunes), or the defunct company "EBR" (for their exact race tunes), would have and copyrights to them? Think they'll lawyer up for a 7 year old, out of warranty bike tune? Probably not.
    Do you know much about ECMDroid? I'm wondering if it's an all-in-one app that can do everything needed to tune. What's putting me off with ECMspy is needing several(5? Spy, Tunerpro, Megalog, Mono, etc.) seperate programs doing different things, and Tunerpro seems very complicated.

I have been using ECMDroid to download existing "race" maps onto stock ecms with huge success.
    It even has a neat "auto tune" feature that datalogs as you ride then will update the map as necessary.
    IMO, building a complete "custom" tune for your bike is pointless because they are already available for the air filter and pipe options. Unless, of course you have mods like a stroker kit, turbo, NO2, and you can legitimately dyno tune it.

I didn't have an android device for it (I'm a Mac guy) so I bought a dedicated tablet for the garage. It has Bluetooth (the only way ECMDroid connects), a SIM card slot, wifi, etc. I even got 3 years drop/spill warranty, all for $40

You'll need to get a Bluetooth dongle that connects to the bike so they can communicate. Those are easy to find. Try Buelltooth.com, xopti, and I think AZmidget makes them too? They're all about $40-$50, pick your poison.

Edit: I might have an extra dongle? I'll check tomorrow. PM me if you want to go that route. You could always just buy a "race" ECM for plug and play, check the classifieds here or on badweb. Then you'll have an extra one to play with!

Last edited by Cooter; 04-04-2016 at 05:27 AM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast