Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: #148 Laguna Blue SX

#148 Laguna Blue SX

Finally got to put a few miles on her. I cant wait to get past the first service. But its currently snowing in my neck of the woods so it's taking longer than I would like.
    ebr.jpg
    This was my last bike sold in the fall,
    ktm.jpg
    And this was my last buell from a couple years ago,
    xb9sx.jpg

Nice Peter! What are your plans for the EBR after break in? Adding blue lights like you had on the Buell?

Definitely not! Never been a huge fan but the original owner had them installed pretty clean so I left them on.

Really only planning on the basics, exhaust and a tail trim. I was told the starter should be sealed up in case I get caught in rain.

(I was secretly hoping you weren't going to put the lights on).

When I first got the bike, I couldn't stand the mirrors, exhaust resonator, and license plate bracket. Now that I have those taken care of, I get to start playing with little detail stuff.

+1 on the starter. I haven't done anything with mine yet, but when I take it in to have the lighter clutch installed I will ask the shop to do it for me.

BTW, how was the transaction at White's? I know they've had the bike for a while. Did they seem to like the bike or just want it gone?

qurtrn10 - be careful with the clutch update. Last I heard is there were some slippage issues.

My transaction was less than ideal. I was between this bike and the white one at Williamsport Honda. Looking back I would have rather paid the extra $1000 to buy the one at Honda just because of the knowledge and attitude of everyone I met at the shop. They had a demo bike and this one, and this one ended up with 16 miles before I got there so I assume someone took a joy ride most likely not adhering to the break in limits. Chain wax thrown all over, bike wasn't detailed at all when I got there. They had it hooked to a battery tender when I showed up meaning they never pulled the battery. And the icing on the cake was a scratch in the air box cover which "no one" saw. All in all after I cooled down once I got home, I realized I got an awesome bike at a good price but it was a shame the experience was so poor. They still have their RX demo that had a faring replaced after a parking lot dump and the RS sitting in the window but didn't sound like they cared to get any more once their inventory was gone, and the RS will likely join the owner's collection.

I can understand the frustration.

The dealership where I bought mine was awesome, but they honestly just want to get rid of it to free up floor space for Ducati. Can't blame them - they've had it for a year and a half with no manufacturer support, and they were going to lose money on the sale.

And from what I've been reading over the last few months, most people who cry out about the slippage don't actually have the lighter clutch springs installed. I spoke to Erik directly about it, and he expected some slippage in a racing environment, but not in regular street driving. I'll keep my original parts in case I ever feel the need to go back, but after sitting in stop and go traffic on this thing, I would definitely like to give it a shot.

In the long run, you got a great deal. I don't think it was as good a deal as I got, but that's another story... Lol

I like that ktm. Why did you get rid of it? I plan on getting a new bike soon. A 2016 1190sx, an s1000r, or a Tuono. Not sure which one yet. Do you guys love the 1190sx or just like it? How does it perform as a commuter? Ive read that its a grumpy commuter and a few have said they like it as one.

I love my SX. Just did some chain maintenance yesterday and going to take it out for my day off tomorrow. I'd like to ride it more often, but it's threatened to rain a lot here lately.

Quote Originally Posted by arikam View Post
    I like that ktm. Why did you get rid of it? I plan on getting a new bike soon. A 2016 1190sx, an s1000r, or a Tuono. Not sure which one yet. Do you guys love the 1190sx or just like it? How does it perform as a commuter? Ive read that its a grumpy commuter and a few have said they like it as one.
    My 1190RX was my sole vehicle for ~4 months. Commuted on it every day. Put 5k miles on it in 4.5 months. It commuted way better than an XB IMO. Its very comfortable. Seat is way more comfy than it looks. Its fine in traffic; you do have to rev it a bit more than an aircooled bike. It gets 45mpg on the highway cruising. And when you feel like being an asshole, its explosively more powerful than almost anything on the road. I can only imagine the SX being even better. One of my coworkers commutes on an SX or 2010 XB12scg daily. He loves it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast