Thread: 2009 buell xb9sx wont start please help?

2009 buell xb9sx wont start please help?

so everytime i go to start my bike the headlight fuse goes out and the bike makes one click noise that it any suggestion

groundity ground, and check the grounds. meow.
    google is your friend. Lots of similar threads.

I felt bad for being short.....here are some places to start. The ground at the headstock/neck is a common location for breakage - you're shorting somewhere.

http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...ng-30-amp-fuse
    http://www.buellxb.com/forum/showthr...headlight-fuse
    Last edited by Mope; 04-03-2016 at 09:31 PM.

Wire touching in the headlight or harness short. Dead battery or bad ignition switch

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by tylerfillion View Post
    so everytime i go to start my bike the headlight fuse goes out and the bike makes one click noise that it any suggestion
    do this and report back:
    remove flyscreen....4 allen screws.
    find the harness and plug for headlight assembly. it is white and contains one each: yellow...orange...white...black.
    orange is 12 volt switched positive....yelllow is low bean....white is high beam...black is ground.
    pull plug apart and inspect for corrosion and possible broken terminals. inspect each wire from harness to plug and from plug down to headlight bucket. see if harness rubbing against a ground point inside the headlight bucket assembly.

if someone has done the conversion that operates both bulbs on high beam setting be sure it is done correctly and wires not touching a ground or area to short out.

"Go to start my bike" ??

As in, the fuse blows right when you turn the ignition on? Or it blows when you press the start button? They are different electrical circuits.