Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: fat tire and chain conversion

Just save your money, it's a blast. I understand it looks a little funny, it's a good beginner bike. Ride it the way it is, learn on it, save the money you want to put into it because you will NEVER get it back at re-sale..save the money and put it towards an xb when you are ready to move up is what we are all getting at here.

I totally think you should go for it if it's what you want
    Post up pictures on your progress and what parts your using/cost. I'm really interested to see you get underway!

Tuber rear wheel and then your typical XB chain swap parts.

Seriously though...it way more trouble than it's worth.

I don't know how "fat or phat" you wanna go. I don't know that much about a blast. However, if I was trying to do what you're wanting I would see about modifying the swing arm. That's the only way you can keep a relatively stock look with a wider tire.
    You might even go as far as looking into using an XB swing arm. It seems far fetched but that would be bad ass on a blast. Carry the oil in it and go up to a 200mm tire without anymore modification then figuring out how to bolt up the swing arm.
    If no major aftermarket manufacturers make a chain conversion for a blast then look into modifying an XB kit.
    Good luck man.
    As you can tell.... You're stumbling down uncharted territory

If you want to go just a little wider, is there room to space the front and rear pulleys out before the outside of the belt hits anything? A couple machined spacers might do it.
    It may be an inexpensive way to go up a size or two.

Edit:

Oh, if you need some XB chain conversion parts to experiment with, I have a 520 kit for cheap. I have no idea how they would work on a Blast.
    Last edited by Cooter; 04-04-2016 at 03:02 AM.

Wickedchop I understand its a beginners bike this isn't my first bike I sold my last bike because it was more headace than its worth it was an yamaha 82 virago xv750 that I had made into a chopper it was a fun bike but man did it have so many problems .Cooter send me a message on how much you want for the chain conversation pleas ,as for stretching the rear I plan to get a second swing arm chop it and have a really good welder weld in more tubing with suports so it cant break but everything i plan to do will be reversable so if i want to go back stock the only major change will be the chain converstion .

XB swingarm would bolt directly onto the rear of the case, just gotta fiddle with the top shock mount. Then you could use an XB rear wheel with the XB chain conversion. It's been done before.

Thanks jetlee I may go that route aswell the xb swing arm doesnt look bad

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedchop View Post
    $h!t.....my fault...LMFAO. Forgot, speakers molded into the bodywork and your club's logo on the windscreen and your vest. Wait.......and stunt cages and a twelve o'clock scrape bar!!!!
    12 o'clock scrape bar. LOL LOL we gotta get you the hell out of NJ wally and into a "less urban" environment.

Lol John I was a little rough on the guy. Speed117 I don't really take to kindly to extended swingarms unless it's a full drag machine. My apologies for being a bit rough and I don't wanna see ya dump cash into a blast when you can ride it the way it is and save your money for an Xb that's all man. I just despise ghetto bikes if it's not a busa or a 14 and your not drag racing it then it shouldn't be slammed and stretched. I'm a motorcyclist and I ride to ride not to be seen and make a statement! I have a bunch of different machines and I ride all of them for the sheer love of motorcycling. I hate when guys buy a brand new harley because they watched sons of anarchy and now they are badass outlaws or you bought a sport bike because you saw some jerkoff in a rap video wearing a chrome German and you wanna be like that guy. **** that just ride to ride because it's flowing through your veins....HATE POSERS

Last edited by wickedchop; 04-04-2016 at 10:10 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast