Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: HID/Xenon install Lightning

Finally the projectors came in!!! I couldn't wait, so this evening/night I tried so stuff. There is still work to be done, but it already gives you a good impression!
    IMG_6751.jpgIMG_6752.jpgIMG_6753.jpg

They look nice, but I couldn't close the housing, because the lens would touch the lens of the housing. So the first step was to make some room. Starting with the metal clip that's in the reflector.
    IMG_6760.jpgIMG_6761.jpg

As you can see there are 2 notches which have to go. With the Dremel I made it flush with the reflector.
    (Photo with the 2 notches)
    IMG_6762.jpg

So I tried again, and it looks good!

With a bit of force I can close the housing. But because of the heat of the Xenon, I'm not confident that the plastic lens of the housing will handle this. Tomorrow I will make the hole of the reflector a bit wider. This will make the projectors come more to the inside. To be continued!
    Last edited by marcel; 05-07-2016 at 07:58 PM.

So I found a solution. Make the hole a bite wider. And this worked like a charm.
    IMG_6765.jpg

I used an extra ring to secure the projector.

IMG_6766.jpg

And finale I make the connection for the high beam and the Angel eyes

IMG_6779.jpg

Looking good, sounds like very little issues!

Have you reinstalled the housing on the bike yet? Also I would like to see a pic of the light output and beam pattern if you can. I've been wanting to do a projector install mod but haven't been able to find one. Thanks.

It's not on the bike jet, but I think it will be next weekend I will than make a couple of beam shots. I tested the wiring harnas and it works like a charm. I'm a bit in doubt about which Xenon Ballast to use. I have 35watts and 50watts, but I'm a bit afraid that 50watts will be to much for the small housing. It's very difficult to make a photo of the strong light, but here is a shot of the Angel eyes.

IMG_6787.jpg

I think this looks AWESOME especially with my thoughts of the evil eyes look (lowering the windscreen). Then I would look something like this (be aware of this amazing photoshop )

IMG_6788.jpg
    Last edited by marcel; 05-09-2016 at 07:41 AM.

Man those Look pretty sweet. I really like the lowered windscreen idea. It gives it a meaner look. I have heard about the 50w's melting the mirrored finish in the projector bowl in car headlights, so I would assume in a smaller housing it would be worse. Did you by any chance compare these projectors size to the morimoto mini h1's through the retrofit source?

I did look at the Morimoto mini's but those are not "mini" enough they are 4cm taller than the projectors I've used. My idea now is to start with the 35 watt's and see how it goes. If I feel that there is not enough light (which I actually doubt) I can always (easily) upgrade to the 55 watt's.
    I also like the angry look, but I don't want to lower the top hole of the windscreen to the bottom hole of the assembly. I also don't want to re-drill the windscreen, so that leaves me with drilling into the assebly which holds the windscreen. Anybody done this before?

Last edited by marcel; 05-10-2016 at 06:36 AM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast