Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dean Adams Exhaust Opinions

Dean Adams Exhaust Opinions

Hey guys, about to put my order in for the exhaust and I was just looking for some feedback.

I was going to order the full replacement and ecm but wanted some real life thoughts on the full option vs just the finish kit. I will eventually be taking the bike to the track but it is mostly going to be a street driver.

Any feedback would be great!

EBR? I have the muffler on my bike. Amazing power gains, weight loss and noise increase. I highly recommend it.

I do not have an RX/SX, but he made the full exhaust/ecm tune for my 1125 and he makes an excellent product. I am an engineer in the aerospace industry, and his quality of materials and finish is top notch. JUST DO IT.

Only concern is the noise level for a daily driver. Not on my part because I usually wear ear plugs but on the ticketing side.

I have one of deans RT-3's on my 1125CR, absolutely love the system sounds awesome, and very well built.. But as you said it is loud. But I havent been pulled over for it yet, BUT I do go ahead and shift to a higher gear if a cop is near.

Plus its nice to support a board member.

Where are you riding? Southern California is one of the places where revenue building for the city trumps protecting the public

I have his muffler on my CR and when I first put it on it was too loud for me, since then either I got used to it, or it got quieter? I did some tuning and I know a richer mix will quiet them down a bit.
    I really, really like the way it looks, and sounds. Super beefy!

I vote get it

Edit: I also know Dean backs his stuff. No worries there either.

It's for the 1190, I do most of my riding in upstate NY. MY '09 vmax was at 114 db at idle, I would assume this is similar.

Never read a complaint about one of his exhausts, just hard to form an opinion based off youtube clips so thank you all for the feedback.

For the price of the tip finish kit vs the full race exhaust, the full exhaust is a no brainer. Sounds like it makes the bike what it was intended to be.

Sounds like it makes the bike what it was intended to be.

It's roughly 99 db at idle. The 1125 exhaust is almost identical in sound/volume and was tested for it back in 2010. I want to say 112 db at 4500 rpm. It is a straight through exhaust, so it is a bit loud at 10k rpm. I must mention, I'm out past the 4 week mark for certain on builds, possibly 5 weeks even.

Quote Originally Posted by d_adams View Post
    It's roughly 99 db at idle. The 1125 exhaust is almost identical in sound/volume and was tested for it back in 2010. I want to say 112 db at 4500 rpm. It is a straight through exhaust, so it is a bit loud at 10k rpm. I must mention, I'm out past the 4 week mark for certain on builds, possibly 5 weeks even.
    Thanks dean, still waiting for the snow to melt in NY so the wait wont be too bad. Hoping to put my order in tonight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast