Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pins behind detent plate broke off flush

Hybrid View

pins behind detent plate broke off flush

Ok so I recently bought a 07 buell blast from family friend knowing it wouldn't shift ,thought just need the shift pawl adjusted, but come to find out ,two of the pins being the detent plate are snapped off flush and shifting the bike by hand it will only go into 1st and neutral ,I know I'll need to open the main case ,but is there a way to fix the broken pins ?

Did a quick Google search for ya.
    Check this out:
    http://buellridersonline.com/forum/s...ead.php?t=6827

The above thread talks about adjust the shift drum pins so that they don't stick out too far. Don't know how you would reverse that adjust meant.
    Good luck

Thanks but that I already searched And read though that

If the pins are broken off, treat them as any broken bolt and drill/extract them. Replace with new pins and then be on your way.

No need to open the case.

Hey Speed117, There's no need to start a bunch of new threads when it's the same subject on the same bike It will help everyone keep up to speed and give you better advise.

Where do I get new pins jetlee ?

Check out the parts manual at http://BuellMods.com and then go to most any Harley dealer and order by part number. Never mention "Buell" or they usually refuse service.

Jetlee I downloaded the manual But it doesn't have a part number for the pins

Aren't they just regular hardened roll-pins? I doubt Buell proprietary engineered that part. Take the old ones out and measure. I bet your local hardware store has some.

Nope no local shop has any around here this upset thanks Colter and jetlee y'all have actually been helpful

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast