Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: transmission question

transmission question

Is there a way to get to the transmission with out taken the jug off I know some engines you can and I'm looken at my buell at this exact moment and rather new to working on this bike so no smart ass replays pleas .

Your blast bottom end is extremely similar to the XB. As far as I know you have to split the cases to gain access to the transmission.
    And if you download a service manual at buellmods.com you'll know exactly what it takes to gain access to your transmission.
    BTW Google is a great resource. Search Buell XB blast plus whatever answer you're after and you'd be amazed at how a little research can help you avoid the "smart asses".
    Good luck

As chickn said, use google to do a search, works a lot better than the search function on this site.

Unless it's on a bike with a "window" in the case built specifically to remove the trans (your's doesn't). I can't imagine being able to split the cases in any bike without taking the jug(s) off? What do you do with the cylinder studs? cam chain? lower jug gasket?

Besides, removing the head and jug is the easy part... Just follow the steps in the manual, put everything in labeled ziplock bags, and don't forget to buy a 3/8" torque wrench (harbor freight is fine), and a motorcycle piston ring compressor.

Like this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Piston-Ring-...620712&vxp=mtr

Not this:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sealey-Pisto...EAAOSwFNZW1MXY

Inactive
    Is there a way to get to the transmission with out taken the jug off

no

Why do you want to get into the case? It's pretty rare to need to get in there.

Quick awnser "no"

In order to get into the trans.... The motor has to come out, heads off, barrels off, primary/clutch off, then cases split to get to the transmission.

Useless info: Old tubers and old sporsters have a trap door in the case to get to the trans without cracking the cases.

Have to change out my shift fork ,the pins behind the detent plate were Brocken and it would only shift into 1st and neutral.

Hey Speed117, There's no need to start a bunch of new threads when it's the same subject on the same bike It will help everyone keep up to speed and give you better advise.

And I'm pretty sure that you can change the pins without splitting the case? I'm not a Blast guy, but the shift shaft should come right out after you pull the clutch basket.

How hard is it to drop the engine on this bike ?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast