Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hard start after sitting for several hours.

Maybe we should test it.

Jacob, anything that we can test on a same day visit? I may be able to come down on a Monday.

Closed most mondays, I can make an exception at some point Im sure. We can test Fuel pressure, check the Air Fuel Value, log engine data and review, compare fuel maps So Bring your ECMs, check ignition system, engine compression and others Im sure, but remember its a business and it has bills

How's the cleanliness of the fuel injectors, Throttle body, intake valves, IAV, pistons, etc... my bike will run, start, and even stop like crap if I do not keep adding a fuel system cleaner especially when doing a lot of stop and go as when commuting everyday.

My 02 cents on simular issue, long story short the wires coming from my ignition switch, would loose contact. My wires were tight on the bottom of my ignition after replacing the triple tree, bike would start fine first trip , then I would hit the gym and come out and either start and die, or wouldnT start, sometimes pump would start then stop, or not start. Fingered the wires at bottom of ignition switch,and would start after a few tries, finally pulled the ignition, and and cut and inch of just pass then bend(which stretched and riped internally).
    May or may not help, but listen to see if the fuel pump is priming for the full length, when you hit the key
    Good luck

I also changed out my spark plugs and wires. Both plugs were a nice tan color after 10,000 miles.

Jacob, how much do you charge for the above mentioned diagnostics? I also still owe you guys lunch.

Could it be a spark issue? Im not sure exactly what it could be, but no one seems to have brought it up. I just wanted to introduce the possibility so the experts can throw in their opinion.

$95 is the usual diagnostic charge. Try not to worry about money too much, you could chase this forever without the right equipment. If you have to owe me a few more lunches lets get it figured out

Quote Originally Posted by Chewie View Post
    Could it be a spark issue? Im not sure exactly what it could be, but no one seems to have brought it up. I just wanted to introduce the possibility so the experts can throw in their opinion.
    New spark plugs, wires and batter and old plugs looked great when I removed them. Also, it starts up just fine after the initial startup (i.e. if I stop to eat or get gas, starts right back up within 2 cranks). Only has the hard starting after sitting for several hours (about 6-8 cranks to start.)

Jacob, I will get myself a hall pass from the wife and schedule a visit .

20160726_102118.jpg
    Updating Greenmachines post. We finally got it into the shop, a few tests we determined it was leaking valve seals, tear down confirmed both intake valve seals heavily leaking.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast