Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Maybe it's just me?

Maybe it's just me?

Maybe I am just being picky, but my 09' 12 long feels like it is a tad sluggish lately. The power feels a bit watered down. I have 14K miles on her, running a Jardine, K&N and IDS ECM. I have been running that set up for a long time and the power delivery was always very nice. Anyone else feel that?

I am thinking that maybe there is a tweak that I need to do or maybe my butt dyno is too sensitive. I feel like there isn't anything catastrophically wrong with the bike though. I feel like the longer I ride the the more prominent the sensation gets, but the bike otherwise works fine.

Spark plugs, battery and oil are new....
    Last edited by GregoXB; 04-15-2016 at 12:34 PM.

I hear if you put on some flame stickers, you will gain about 3-5 HP per sticker......Actually, I just went through the same "issue" as you. I found a Dean Adams exhaust for sale and bought it to replace my Jardine. Obviously the sound was better and after tuning, the bike seemed to have more "umphh" in its acceleration. I am pleased with the change.

Maybe you have the itch for a new EBR!

How long have you owned it? could it just be the end of the honeymoon period so to speak and you have now just got so familiar with the power delivery it seems sluggish?

Quote Originally Posted by ToneTheMoan View Post
    How long have you owned it? could it just be the end of the honeymoon period so to speak and you have now just got so familiar with the power delivery it seems sluggish?
    I'd go with this. I can't tell you how many times that has occurred to me in the past with other bikes I've owned.

Try repacking your Jardine. Seriously it makes a difference.

When my pipe needs packing it starts to lag in the 4k range then powers on. It does make a differance. Try this stuff...
    http://www.bristolcore.com/Bristol_C...ap_p/14289.htm
    Should extend the packing intervals a lot.

You won't have a 'before' test, but you could find a local bike shop with a dyno and make a run. Usually it's 3 runs for $80 or so. The ol' "Butt Dyno" is notoriously inconsistent

It would be super cool to run it, pack the pipe, then run it again.

I hear that adding 2cycle oil(an oz or so per tank) in conjunction with flame stickers is like adding a turbo.

But seriously, if you have a jardine and it hasn't been repacked in the last 5-7k, it probably needs it. Or it will tell you when by auto ejecting the nice shinny end cap.
    Last edited by Chicknstripn; 04-15-2016 at 06:27 PM.

Lol..... I think it's just me

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast