Thread: Neutral no light and won't start in gear?

Neutral no light and won't start in gear?

Ok guys I have a 2007 xb9sx and it'll start only in neutral, but the neutral light won't come on. It won't start in gear and yes I do have the clutch in. Any ideas?

Banned
    Check neutral wire circuit continuity between the plug 39 under the wind shield and motorcycle ground when the clutch in neutral using multimeter. To locate the neutral wire check wiring diagram using service manual.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 04-17-2016 at 08:02 PM.

The neutral switch is the one wire coming out from right behind the belt pulley on the trans. It should go to ground when in neutral. It is possible to remove it without removing the pulley, but you'll need needle nose pliers!

Before you do any of that make sure you truly are in nuetral.
    Also check your fuses.
    I had this same issue not too long ago and I discovered I wasn't totally in nuetral. Yes, I know that sounds weird but I clicked the bike into first then popped it into nuetral and the light came back on.
    Prior to discovering I was in a false nuetral(or whatever position my trans was in) I also discover a few blown out fuses.
    I can only assume it was the combination of the above that had my nuetral light and dash acting funny.
    So, check all that simple stuff before you move on to anything more complicated.

You get too far over your head ya might need to call in the marines!