Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Code 21? Rough Idle? Never seen that before

You're gonna need that cable and software if you replace the TPS. The new TPS has to be reset after instal.
    Go some searching there's a ton of info out there on how to do the simple stuff. Trust me, if I can do it, anyone can!

Ok guys, I put the new battery in, and put a gallon of fresh 93 in the tank. I started it up, and the problem was still there. Damn. Checked the code again, and now code 15 is showing up!! That turned out to be the air temp sensor I forgot to plug back in when I put the air box rest back on. Plugged that back in, put the bike back together, and fired it back up to see if code 15 cleared. Well guess what?...... started it up again, and NO CODE AT ALL!!!!!!!!! Woooo! I took it for a couple (very happy) laps around the neighborhood, and it never came back. I believe my bike was running the last little bit of bad gas through the system when I first started it up, and when the bad gas passed, the ecm didn't see a problem anymore. So now to the next question.. how would bad gas make the ecm throw an "active muffler control" code?

Inactive
    and when the bad gas passed, the ecm didn't see a problem anymore. So now to the next question.. how would bad gas make the ecm throw an "active muffler control" code?

not stealing anyones' thunder here nor to sound confrontational but one thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other thing or anything else. fresh fuel is always great particularly if you're normally using ethanol blended garbage as most of us sadly are....but you really need to access your ecm unit with your chosen preferred method and do the following on your 2007: clear all fault codes....run diagnostics....deactivate your interactive exhaust valve system since you're not using same....and reset your tps unit. your ecm thru 50 "clean fault codes" would typically clear itself but it never will since #15 will always appear.

You can use ecmdroid to reset TPS. Also can use ecmdroid to deactivate the interactive exhaust in the ECM.
    I leave my Bluetooth dongle plugged in all the time, that way when I need to check the ECM, I can just connect my android tablet via Bluetooth and not have to mess around with a cable and laptop.
    Last edited by ocgreenmachine; 04-19-2016 at 01:25 AM.

Lunaticfringe, all I know is I put a new battery and fresh gas in my bike, and now my rough idle condition is gone, and my CEL isn't showing up anymore. Code 21 and 15 are more than likely still in the history bank of codes, but they aren't current anymore, and my bike is pretty much back to normal now

I wanna give you guys a big thank you for helping me through this. I'm a new member, and this was my first post. You guys have shown me that this is a friendly, helpful forum. Thanks

A friendly, helpful forum damn one slipped through the net there boys! ha ha ha dont listen to me i am the village idiot!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12