Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Swappable Preload Adjuster Nuts?

Swappable Preload Adjuster Nuts?

My R has the red preload Adjuster Nuts and I'd really prefer if they were blue. I know some models came with blues, so my questions are:

°Are they swappable?
    °Can they be purchased individually?
    °If they can be purchased individually does anyone know the part numbers?
    °Does anyone have any good condition used pieces to sell?

Here are a couple pics for reference...

This is what I have:

And this 1125 shows the blue ones:

the 1125 parts manual only has them a s an assembly with the fork cap. I am pretty sure IIRC that there is a diameter difference between the XB forks and the 1125 forks. There are two part numbers listed for the cap assemblies in the 1125 manual, J8144.1AMA for the 1125R and J8144.1AT for the CR. Hope this helps.

Get some used R ones and have them anodised blue if you want them that bad? or it wont look so good but paint them maybe? or this type of thing from Oberon etc.. 848_1098_1198_Duca_Preload_Adjusters_for_Showa_Shocks.jpg or oberon-pre-load-adjuster-for-triumph-forks.-17555-p.jpg
    Last edited by ToneTheMoan; 04-18-2016 at 10:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlogix View Post
    the 1125 parts manual only has them a s an assembly with the fork cap. I am pretty sure IIRC that there is a diameter difference between the XB forks and the 1125 forks. There are two part numbers listed for the cap assemblies in the 1125 manual, J8144.1AMA for the 1125R and J8144.1AT for the CR. Hope this helps.
    That helps a lot! $27 from Surdyke for the cap assembly isn't bad at all. Never having had the experience of taking the forks apart, the Adjuster can be removed from the cap correct? I would need confirmation that the adjusters themselves are the same dimensions before pulling the trigger but I'm closer to getting the answers i need now.

Quote Originally Posted by ToneTheMoan View Post
    Get some used R ones and have them anodised blue if you want them that bad? or it wont look so good but paint them maybe? or this type of thing from Oberon etc.. 848_1098_1198_Duca_Preload_Adjusters_for_Showa_Shocks.jpg or oberon-pre-load-adjuster-for-triumph-forks.-17555-p.jpg
    Thanks for the suggestions. I thought about having them anodized blue but buying exactly what I want would be preffered. I've also looked at those knobs on eBay and if nothing else works that will probably be the way I go.

I think I have some spares at home. When I get off work tonight I will try to identify the thread diameter and pitch for you.

I think I have some spares at home. When I get off work tonight I will try to identify the thread diameter and pitch for you.
    That'd be great, thanks!

sorry, didn't get to even make it to the garage last when I got home. Family drama. I'll try again tonight.

okay, made it this time. When I pulled in the garage from work I removed it BEFORE going into the house. The blue adjuster nut looks like 10mm internal thread. It is still assembled to the cap, I just removed the tube cap and all. I'll try to get it down to just the blue anodized adjuster after I eat.

okay, made it this time. When I pulled in the garage from work I removed it BEFORE going into the house. The blue adjuster nut looks like 10mm internal thread. It is still assembled to the cap, I just removed the tube cap and all. I'll try to get it down to just the blue anodized adjuster after I eat.
    Cool. I really appreciate you taking the time to check it for me.

I can't get the blue adjustment nut out of the cap. I am going to take it to work with me today. I would take some pictures but the camera on my stupid phone quit working a while ago. From what I can tell there is a retainer ring on the OD of the internal threaded boss of the blue adjuster. I can't find a split in this ring to remove it. I would say that this is why the cap/adjuster is sold as an assembly. If I can get it apart I will send a pair to you to try out. Check back tonight, I work second shift.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast