Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: next new bike. EBR? nope. tuono? nope. or s1000r? nope, not that either.

Hey Gregoxb, how is it possible that you still haven't sold that bike? And at that price? That's insane. If my money comes in, like it's suppose to of already, then I'm buying yours. Keep me updated if you sell it or not.

I just seen a BMW 1000xr for the first time, looks my style of bike. Too much electronics though, traction control, abs, auto suspension settings, etc..... is too much. But it does have an oil cooler below the radiator, which I do like for here in Texas.

I am currently in a very similar situation. I have 2 bikes I'm selling ('06 Suz DR 650 & '12 BMW K1600 GTL). Looking at a liter sport tourer under 500 lbs that can still put in a day over road. My choices are the BMW S1000R, Yamaha FZ-10, Buell Black Lightning and ApriliaTuono Factory.

Have you made your choice yet and what other feedback can you give?

Banned
    EBR Black Lightning is the best.

Quote Originally Posted by firstoff View Post
    I am currently in a very similar situation. I have 2 bikes I'm selling ('06 Suz DR 650 & '12 BMW K1600 GTL). Looking at a liter sport tourer under 500 lbs that can still put in a day over road. My choices are the BMW S1000R, Yamaha FZ-10, Buell Black Lightning and ApriliaTuono Factory.

Have you made your choice yet and what other feedback can you give?
    I've only had my 1190SX since January, but I've had a few all day rides so far on it, and it's been really good. The stock seat has been comfortable for the first 2-3 hours easily. After that I'm ready to take some breaks to rest my bum. I'm adding some gel padding to my stock seat when I have a custom leather cover made, but will be purchasing the EBR optional comfort seat to swap on for long days on the bike. That combined with the lower pegs option and taller handlebars on the Black Lightning version of the SX should make it super comfortable.

Not sure how far Dallas is from you, but EBR will be there in the beginning of the year and should have the Black Lightning with them if you want to check it out in person.

I have had two aprilia Tuonos now and still have one, they have been flawless except some tank issues which were fixed under warranty.
    The tuonos are almost always my go to bike for general riding, that could be curvy back roads, highway, or going into town and traffic. The engine is just awesome on the v4 i like the v twin one also. I have ridden the BMW it just dont like it, and i am a fan of the flat twin bmws but the inline 4 is just not for me, i dont like the way it feels. But i also grew up ridding twins so that may be part of if.
    I have not ridden the ebr yet, but i am seriously considering getting one now. I have been a long time buell fan and have had several and would love to support Buell now that they are open again. Of course like everyone has mentioned there is the dealer network problem but for me it does not really matter anyway as i work on my own bikes. The only thing that could be a problem is if there was a major recall or warranty repair. But i have personally not heard anything like this.
    In past years this would have been a easier decision with EU bikes costing more but they have come down, so it really comes down to your riding style and what you like. All 3 have very different engine feels and that makes a big difference.

Well things didn't really go as planned with our wreck settlement. 2 years later, still nothing. Bunch of crap. I had narrowed it down to the S1000R or 1190SX buy couldn't afford either just yet so I bought a new Yamaha R3. It's pretty awesome. Light, nimble, great fuel mileage, pretty comfortable, peppy enough to keep me interested but also keeps me out of trouble with tickets like the other bikes would get me. I might upgrade to the big bike again one day but for now I'm content on this one. 60 miles a gallon. 30$ a month insurance. 120$ a month payment. 0-60 in 5 seconds.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by buell248 View Post
    Yamaha R3

Attachment 6106

dave: sold my Vincent....sold one of my V-stroms....sold 2 of my Buell Lightnings. was considering either top-of-the-line Ducati, BMW, Aprilia, or street-legal Honda RC211V-SE model. couldn't decide on which so purchased this:yamaha-vino-125_blue_16.jpg

John- I think it's cute you have a picture of your buddy Chicago!

John you should just stick it out for the RC213v......what's a $184,000 to you...... Make fun of the R3 if you guys want to but I know guys that race them and the little ninjas professionally and I gotta tell ya's they get those little suckers rolling out there on the track. They are a bit funny looking w their little tires. Would I buy one and ride it on the street though?.....NO...LOL

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast