Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: next new bike. EBR? nope. tuono? nope. or s1000r? nope, not that either.

I hadn't considered the after market warranty. Good point. I'll look into it. If the EBR had cruise control I would probably of made it my first choice. No one has gotten back to me yet about the new one having cc.

Banned

Thanks for the link. I've seen a few throttle lock options. I'd rather have it built in, but since I've never had cc before, I guess anything is better then none. Update on EBR warranty, 1 year. Tuono 2 years. S1000r 3 years. All unlimited miles. All with in 12k$ to 15k$ range. If im buying the EBR, I'll buy the new one to support the new business. Action Power sports in Waukesha, WI is the current dealer I'm dealing with.

You're asking on an EBR sub forum, so obviously you know our preference, but the reason I went with my EBR was bang for buck and uniqueness. If I was buying another bike right now, I'd buy a second EBR (RX to go with my SX), which I honestly might be doing by the end of the year.

If I had to choose from the above I'd go with the Beamer.
    I'm partial to the EBR but the lack of warranty and dealer support is a deal breaker.

Now, if you want to make things more difficult on yourself, have you looked at the new triumph speed triple?

I'm selling an SX with 258 miles on it....... I can do a good price too........ http://www.ebay.com/itm/Other-Makes-...m=131791133771

Lemme know....

I'd like to buy new to support the new EBR company. i got a quote of 14k$ to have a new one delivered to my door with a third party 3 year extended warranty. still not sure what im picking. bmw is winning with 3 year warranty and built in cruise control. i'd like to ride the other 2 bikes before i make the decision. probably cant ride the ebr but i can get a ride in on the Tuono. new Triumph is nice but last i checked they were number one on the most failures list and most unreliable list.

Just a though, and something to ponder... I know that cruise control sounds great, and I use a throttle lock on my Harleys from time to time, but you are buying a sport bike, not a cruiser. How much time do you think it will be used riding where you live? I rarely use it on them and wouldn't think about limiting my fun on the EBR with one. In fact, the last time I used it was on the Interstate going 'cross country so I didn't have to touch the handlebars for miles and miles.

If we support the new EBR company now so they survive then we will eventually have things like quick shift and launch control. But until then I will let my SX naked street fighter make me a better rider and operator; with its lack of computer inputs that, quite frankly, can put limits on rider/operator skill building if you get used to the computer doing things for you.
    Last edited by Ebrfan; 04-28-2016 at 12:15 AM.

I've owned both bikes I had a 2014 S1000rr which is a beast of a bike, now own a 2014 EBR 1190 SX. Both are great machines, I dont think you can go wrong with either. Both have plenty of power, the S1000R was insane in dynamic pro mode. I have yet to put a race ECM in the SX (which i have ordered). Id love to own both of them. With current parts availability the BMW is probably more attractive, however I LOVE the feel of the Vtwin and at heart am more attached to the EBR than I would be to the Beemer. I love the uniqueness of the EBR, and the feedback you get from the road, the EBR inspires a lot or corner confidence, also does not lack power at any rev range. Once EBR starts producing parts again Id be confident to say Id take the EBR any day, however until that happens the BMW may give you more peace of mind. I dont have any warranty and am on the other side of the world, I still picked the EBR, some may call me crazy, time will tell I guess.... really hoping EBR is getting close to supplying parts again etc.

Do agree that cruise control would be nice but stock I find the EBR comfortable enough to not need it, would be more useful on a bike like the RX I think where you sometimes need a break from the aggressive posture.

For the record the S1000R i had wasnt road registerable as was a stat writeoff, however I was setting it up as a track bike then decided I couldnt really afford to have a bike just for the track, plus was frustrating not being able to take it out on the road, so I sold it.

Im heading to thunder beach in FL friday to do some test drives. Probably just on suzukis and yamahas but ill be looking for the others. Anybody else going?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast