Thread: 3 bearomg rear wheels

3 bearomg rear wheels

I have an 09 Buell Ulysses XT and want to switch to the more reliable 3 bearing wheels. Before deciding for sure I'd like to know if using better bearings in my current wheels would solve the current reliability issues. If not, where do you recommend getting replacement wheels with the 3 bearing set up? I have black wheels and of course want to keep the same style. Do the 1190 wheels interchange with the Ulysses and do they have the triple bearings? Where can I find them and what can I expect to pay. Would just changing out the two rear bearings during tire changes be a good option? Seems I could replace a lot of bearings cheaper than buying the new wheels.
    I know there are a lot of questions here but if you could give me your best thoughts on the issue I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks very much for any insights you can provide.

Banned
    Just replace the wheel bearings each time you replace the wheel tire, if you have appropriate tool it takes 10 min.
    Last edited by TPEHAK; 04-30-2016 at 05:00 AM.

All Balls bearings or anything Japanese made it would help E-bay the classifieds here Badweb I don't know I don't know EBR dealer I don't know I do 20K but YMMV yes no problem.

You're welcome.

https://shop.newcastlehd.com/part/g03097aayt
    This is the black 3 bearing.

I would just follow the advise above. Bearings are easy. 10 minutes is an exaggeration, took me 15, LOL. Unless you are going through bearings your just throwing parts at the bike.

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Pjf53 View Post
    I have an 09 Buell Ulysses XT and want to switch to the more reliable 3 bearing wheels. Before deciding for sure I'd like to know if using better bearings in my current wheels would solve the current reliability issues. If not, where do you recommend getting replacement wheels with the 3 bearing set up? I have black wheels and of course want to keep the same style. Do the 1190 wheels interchange with the Ulysses and do they have the triple bearings? Where can I find them and what can I expect to pay. Would just changing out the two rear bearings during tire changes be a good option? Seems I could replace a lot of bearings cheaper than buying the new wheels.
    I know there are a lot of questions here but if you could give me your best thoughts on the issue I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks very much for any insights you can provide.
    "10 minute wheel bearing changes"? that's pretty damn awesome as well as highly suspect in believe-ability.
    having said that to do the conversion you would not only need the late 2009-2010 complete 3 bearing wheel assembly with installed 3 bearings and the spacer tube, but the axle as well which is unique to that assembly. IMO this wheel bearing failure subject which continues to rear its ugly head online is exaggerated. do not pressure wash the bike....relieve some tension on your stock tensioner pulley as i've outlined before...torque both axles correctly and in proper sequence when doing wheel work....and you're bearings should give minimum of 20,000 miles service life front and rear.

Last edited by user_deleted; 05-02-2016 at 12:56 PM.