Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Buelling across America!

Quote Originally Posted by Pjf53 View Post
    Next time tell the Good Ole boys you're actually from Adirondack Mtns. in Upstate, NY. Your trip looks unbelievable. Brings back great memories of the wide open emptiness. BTW, met my first guard rail up close and personal after 40 yrs. riding. Went into 15 mph curve too fast and hit some winter leftover sand. Actually slid my 1100 virago mostly underneath the rail but did some damage to the bike. I was wearing my BOHN full body armor shirt and pants that I JUST BOUGHT with full leathers, heavy boots and Shoei full face helmet. All I got was a swollen right wrist and a big repair bill. On line now ordering replacement parts and being very thankful for my health and that it wasn't my Ulysses.
    My heart has alway been in the Adirondacks, but when I tell them that, all they hear is the "New York" part of the sentence. Can't win!

Just stopped for breakfast and gas in Edgemont, South Dakota. I can see the Black Hills in the distance. I was so excited to see the, "Welcome to South Dakota" sign that I fist pumped into the air. Since planning this trip this has been one of my most anticipated places to see. The weather is beautiful. More later. Taking my time thru SD, I'll end up somewhere in ND for the night.

Awesome, ride on jl551c. Living the dream is awesome! Wish I had ridden across the US, I am 52 so there still may be a chance? How is it going it alone, at least physically, as there are a lot of people with you in Spirit that is for sure!

Looks like a Blast! You're going to be getting into some country with serious wind! Especially this weekend. No trees straight roads and wind. lol What route are you taking across ND?

Also if you want to see something interesting take the highway straight north out of Regent ND.

Uh-oh. First glitch. Fuel pump light was intermittent and is now staying on. Should I be concerned? Still have a ways to go. I can keep track on my odo for fuel consumption if this is not a major issue.

Make that a low fuel light. Not fuel pump light.

Stutsman HD in Jamestown ND used to sell Buell and might be of some help...couldn't hurt to call and ask a few questions

Quote Originally Posted by Tbone View Post
    Awesome, ride on jl551c. Living the dream is awesome! Wish I had ridden across the US, I am 52 so there still may be a chance? How is it going it alone, at least physically, as there are a lot of people with you in Spirit that is for sure!
    I'm 54 so there's definitely hope. I like going alone. It'd take someone special to travel with another person. I love the feeling of independence. Physically I'm pretty tired at days end. The concentration alone can drain energy. I haven't once yet felt like pulling over to rest anything besides my butt. It's great having Buellxb there. Online guardian angels. I'm going Premium when I get to New York.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast