Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Buell things DONT you like?

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I hate when I can't see because of all the panties the wimmins throw at me as I'm riding by.
    Lmfao, I'm with ya. I'm always like listen ho, I'm married and do you know how dangerous it is for me to accept a hand job from you while I'm trying to ride this beast, plus I don't wanna see you crash your Lamborghini while you're trying to give me one....
    Last edited by wickedchop; 05-03-2016 at 12:09 AM.

Those scissor doors make it easier

Banned
    I don't like the narrow rear wheel, I don't like the rear fender and I don't like the mickey-mouse mirrors.

I don't like the one headlight on at a time.

I don't like the fact that support is drying up. I wish more companies made more parts for these bikes.

I don't like the annoying "burp" the bike does sometimes when you first roll on the throttle!

My injected 1200C Sportster did that too. One time only, but every morning. The carbed ones didn't?

Time for a small program change

I dont like that they don't come turbo charged.

Spark plug changes. Damn, I'm not happy about getting at these suckers! Is it easier than I'm making it out to be or do you other riders feel the same way? The last thing I feel like doing is paying $75 to change plugs. I've got an XB12XT. Have about 8,500 miles since new. Had to have new front seals installed after about 2,000 miles. Why! I don't do any rough off roading. Ignition key location. Really? Couldn't work that out any better? Chincy plastic inserts between seat and frame. Another "really?". Kick stand that can give out? Didn't want to give that a little more thought? What about the cheapest bar end caps in the Milky Way? Instant replacement required. Not wiring both headlights to be used when high beam is on when lighting is deficient and one of the most essential safety features of any motorcycle. Muffler that is practically designed to rust and look horrible after about 3 months? WTF? Rear wheel bearings that fail in the middle of nowhere after less than 10,000 miles? This all being said, I still love this bike and Eric Buell listened to customers and made changes as they were brought to his attention. I've spoken via Email to the new EBR company pleading for a new air cooled Ulysses type bike but they are simply not interested in trying to meet all the EPA BS that would have to be dealt with regarding noise and pollution. Apparently they do not have rights to the Sportster based engine.

even with all the little knocks against the air-cooled Buells , these bikes aren't going anywhere... too customizable and too cool to disappear. They got guys out there still making stuff for 1930s bikes... I think these things will be like Nortons one day.... I'm keeping mine until I'm too old to ride then ill sell them to a young collector who will take care of them.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast