Thread: 2008-2009 lightnning wire harness

2008-2009 lightnning wire harness

anyone know where I can score a complete wire harness for the xbs models? im doing a custom front end on my bike and need to move the electronics to the back of the bike. I already moved the ECM to the air box by undoing the wire loom and soldering in some longer wires where I needed to, but I don't want to rely on solder for the life of the bike. it will definitely get me around for a while, just want to do it legit. I looked all over craigslist and ebay and cant find anything for those model years, just **** for 2007 and under. any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Have you looked at the parts for sale on this forum? some chaps on here part out bikes and may have a good one. other than that it would be a new one from places like twin motorcycles, or i think its newcastle HD etc etc

Whats wrong with solder? The factory harness has it.

You'll still have to do some soldering even with an s harness. Not as much as you would by customizing an r harness but you'll still have to do something about all the connectors and what not at the front of the bike. Especially if you're going with a single headlight.
    I'm sure one of the parts wheeler dealers will hit this thread up soon.
    Good luck.
    Post pics of your work when you get a chance.

I have one, they aren't cheap though $200

UMDterp13- I was hoping you'd chime in! I would have thrown your name out but didn't want to assume you were parting out a 2009-2010 xb12s. Unless you have one with some serious crash damage that seems almost sacrilegious!
    I can understand the price. There aren't as many 2009-2010 XB12s models out there. At least not as many as the 2005-2007 models.

303frost- I recommend UMDterp13 and his parts and prices. He hooked me up when I needed a harness for my 200712r. I did the same thing you're talking about with a single headlight. Tried using my existing harness but I didn't have the patience to untangle and reorganize all that mess.
    The "S" harness made it 100 times easier! However, as it's already been stated and you've probably noticed, harnesses for pre 2009 bikes are MUCH cheaper then the 2009s and 2010s.

Good luck

Im still using two headlights, just mounting them vertically. The reason I want the xbs harness is to have cleaner wire harness than the mess I created haha. I couldn't use the plastic cover that snaps to the inside of the frame because that is where my ecm looms are routed. It's not terrible but all of that is closer to the engine than I like. Just don't want to risk a stupid break down because of wires. I'll probably snag that harness if you still have it at the end of the month! What connectors aren't the same on the xbs? I presume all the front end stuff is the same between the xbr and xbs? I know the fuse/relay boxes and ecm would be relocated to the back but is anything else different?