Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem race maps for XB9SX 2007 with open exaust

Problem race maps for XB9SX 2007 with open exaust

Hello guys,

I wanted to ask you a quesstione for my XB9 2007.

I had to disassemble the exaust (RS408) because it was a very strange noise and inside I found only 5 cm to 50 cm of rock wool for the most part completely burned.

At that point what little I also raised that there was inside and I closed it all!

Remount the exaust and try to get me a ride, but I notice that the bike gives me big voids and the minimum tends to be quite high (even when completely soft gas tends to remain revved struggling to get off)and the bike tends to be as "linked".

I think it is the map that race with the exhaust so open and collectors 45mm does not make the most of, so was wondering if anyone has changed the maps to make them suitable to a drain so open.

Thank you and hello to all

Google translate?

You can:

1) Buy the correct ECM from EBR or IDSpeed.com for $300

2) PM AZMidget on here and have his buddy install the program you need on to your ECM for $100

3) Go to a source like Buelltooth.com and see if they have to correct map you need. If they do, it's free. You'll need to program it yourself and that needs ECMDroid (free in the app store) a Bluetooth dongle (about $50) and a android device (your phone or a tablet ($40))

Thanks a lot for information but now I have a unit with race maps.

I just wanted to ask if anyone has modified maps for exaust totally open and k&n filter.

There are many different "Race maps". There is a "race map" specifically for open exhaust.

1) You can either buy the map in a new ECM (from EBR or IDSpeed.com for $300)

2) You can have AZMidget install that map for you ($100)

3) You can go to Buelltooth.com and get it yourself.

Dany1990, I have an '07 XB12S that I have built maps for using ECMSpy because I have a K&N and a D&D exhaust (not totally open exhaust). Like you, the Race ECM maps were just not adequate so I had to adjust each block to get it just right. If you have ECMSpy, and the knowledge you can glean from this website, you have everything you need to make that thing a rocket.

Quote Originally Posted by JDHaggard View Post
    Dany1990, I have an '07 XB12S that I have built maps for using ECMSpy because I have a K&N and a D&D exhaust (not totally open exhaust). Like you, the Race ECM maps were just not adequate so I had to adjust each block to get it just right. If you have ECMSpy, and the knowledge you can glean from this website, you have everything you need to make that thing a rocket.
    Interested in taking a look at your map if you are willing to share it, I too am running open airbox/K&N/D&D on an 07STT. I need to order a bluetooth dongle as I lost my cable when I moved. Did you tune the cells with a wideband?

lowkey,
    Yeah, no worries. I can post them once I get home and pull them from my laptop. I'll post my most current one. I do not use data-logging or wideband though as I am not that savvy as of yet. I simply use "seat-of-the-pants", decel monitoring, and plug condition as well as looking/smelling for fuel andl checking cylinder heat (in case of a lean condition). I really tried to focus on right off idle where I wanted a very smooth transition when pulling off in 1st. That abrupt jump or lurch is death and so far I have gotten that right. I'm still working on the 2500-3000 range but it's gotten waaaaay better. Above that, or just straight hard launches, works like a dream. Do with it what you will. I have intellectual rights to free information, you know.

Cool, I read time and time again about below 3K being hard to deal with and I guess my bike used to exhibit that a long while ago, I believe what cured it for me is proper adjustment and lubrication of throttle cables at both the grip and throttle body along with TPS recalibration. I can drive in first or even second gear on a 25 mph street without issue as I remember the bike being jumpy on throttle in the same situation. As for fueling/timing I have not changed whatever has been done to the map from what the previous owner had done to it. A breather reroute may have helped with the low RPM smoothness as well.

Even though I lost the cable, I think I have my maps saved from ecmspy on windows as well as stock map and race map so I should be able to compare the fuel/timing tables against your map but won't be able to load it onto my bike until I get another cable/dongle. It's been about a year since I last hooked the bike to ecmspy when I was troubleshooting a faulty 02 sensor and probably did a TPS reset at that time. I was also helping fellow member 303frost diagnose issues with his troublesome 08'XB12R at that time.
    Last edited by lowkey; 01-05-2017 at 05:28 PM.

Thanks for posting JDHaggard! I'm sure this will help a few members out. May I suggest making a tread for your map for easier searching and maybe more people with a similar setup will chime in or offer useful tuning info. What was the weather temps/humidity/elevation like when tuning your map? Does your AFV stay at 100% with these adjustments?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast