Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Lots of issues

Thanks Cooter. The actuator cam was rounded and not grabbing so I screwed it in place per another post. Now it tries, but hits a stop so I got underneath and whacked on the cam on the muffler. It was stuck closed (I think) but now moves reluctantly however the Actuator Cam now only moves perhaps ¾ of an inch. BTW: the cable is frayed. Getting there, but slowly.
    Last edited by Forest Bueller; 05-14-2016 at 08:58 PM.

Just make sure the exhaust valve is open all the way and lock it there. Toss the cable and the actuator.

You can stop the CEL from coming on by either leaving the actuator on the bike and plugged in, or download ECMDroid and click off the option.

Quote Originally Posted by Forest Bueller View Post
    Despite the code, the battery is good at 13.7 volts with no load. However, the Exhaust Actuator does not move more that a fraction. You can hear the effort to turn, but then nothing. Took it apart and the return spring was off so placed it back in the slot. It then cycled just fine a few times so reconnnected the cable and it stopped again. Nothing! Anyone have a spare Buell S0138.2AA as i cannot find one on the internet? I can however find the .1AA instead which I guess was the prior version.
    I've got two actuators buried in the garage... One from a 2006 xb12, and one from a 2009 xb12. I'm thinking one of those may be of use to you?

ocgreenmachine: PM me if you can when you find them and we can do some business, Really need a cable also as mine is shredded and unraveling which stops the return to closed.Using the zip tye technique, I propped the muffler flap open today, changed the black and furry plugs for new Iridium and tried again. Made it 5.3 miles from home when it just shut off with no CEL and would not bump start. Sat an hour in the sun trying now and then and finally ran into a nice man with a flatbed who took me back home at start again. Wonderful, kind stranger who would accept no money,

BTW: Where is the For Sale Board on here?

Another sincere thanks to all who have tried to help me. I'm afraid now that I have to concede defeat. I can spend no more funds on this and it was never intended to be a "project". Just a reliable, rideable Ulysses. Stranded again and towed again. Nothing I can do seems to effect anything. On the chance that there are any members in the Asheville, Spartanburg, Greenville areas who know of a qualified mechanic or anyone that might have the ability themselves consider this For Sale. New Michelin Pilots, new Rob Crins RSS, new Exhaust Actuator cable (on the way from St. Paul). 04sporty@charter.net

Thanks Cooter, but for me that means buying another Phone also. I'm already way too deep into this as it is.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234