Thread: you are NEVER too old....always remember that.

Inactive

you are NEVER too old....always remember that.

1966 to 1976 has always been considered to be the "golden age" of Japanese motorcycles worldwide and in particular 2-strokes. in the world of Kawasaki Triples it was literally mandatory to ditch the stock exhaust, air intake system, and tune the carbs. Denco and Bill Wirges were THE expansion chamber kings of that period. I have known Wirges for almost 30 years now and even at age 81 he's still riding well, restoring bikes, and doing a bit of tuning. he sent me a nice note yesterday along with this pic asking if i'm interested in his H2 as it's the last one he restored and will not be doing another restoration. just proves the cliche "you're never too old". thought this was a great pic and wanted to share. New Image.jpg

That is a cool pic! Bad ass exhaust too

You gonna buy it?

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    That is a cool pic! Bad ass exhaust too

You gonna buy it?
    no shaughn i'm not. i have 5 kawi H2's in my collection and at age 62 that is more than enough. if purchased my sole intent would be to flip it for a large profit which would not be appreciated by bill. i am just going to sell it for him and send him the funds. anything else would ruin our friendship and leave a hell of a black mark on my rep in the worldwide Triples community and i'm the main parts guy so have to keep good rep intact.

that's seriously cool John. Ever heard of a guy who used to race H2s named Kevin Locker in Ohio?

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlogix View Post
    that's seriously cool John. Ever heard of a guy who used to race H2s named Kevin Locker in Ohio?
    no john i never heard of him but if i saw pics of the bike might recognize it. was just in massillon, OH last saturday to fetch myself a new bike @ J&J cycle sales. really nice people out there in your buckeye state john

Awesome pic! And a truly awesome bike as well!

Hope I've still got some buells and Harleys sitting around the garage at that age! Hope I can still ride em too!

I got my first triple a KH250 in 1975 but previous to that it was these bikes that really started it all off for me! just that fuel tank alone was enough to make me have to have one! and in my opinion they are possibly the truly sexiest group of bikes ever conceived!!

Inactive
    Quote Originally Posted by ToneTheMoan View Post
    I got my first triple a KH250 in 1975 but previous to that it was these bikes that really started it all off for me! just that fuel tank alone was enough to make me have to have one! and in my opinion they are possibly the truly sexiest group of bikes ever conceived!!
    well said tony and i couldn't agree more. the kawi triples put one of the worlds' largest companies and an entire country on the motorcycle map as it were. people forget that 1969 changed the motorcycling world forever with the introduction of THE TWO bikes that changed riding forever.....the 69 kawi Mach III-500 triple and the honda CB750-4. i've been telling people for decades that the introduction of the 72 kawi Mach IV-750 triple was japans' way of saying....ya know what...we haven't forgotten Hiroshima and how many people were exterminated by you americans. so we're going to send you a machine with one thing in mind: evening the score. and boy did it ever.

Way cool! I've never owned a Kawasaki triple but did have the chance to ride a Mach III and a IV. Still recall the feeling and the sound. I did have a Suzuki GT380 in 1975.

Kind of been looking for a nice triple these days. John, could you perhaps link me with any nice Mach III's or Mach IV's for sale?

Thanks!

John you are so right on all counts and you know when a bike gets the nickname of the "widow maker" it has to be one hell of a ride! I reckon the company name Kawasaki was really meant to be Kamikaze and they spelt it wrong! ha ha ha all that said and done they were amazing bikes from an amazing period in time and i am so glad i caught the tail end of it!! The 70`s were the happiest time of my life and those bikes were the icing on the cake!!