Thread: 2010 xb12s ecm spy??? Race ecm?

2010 xb12s ecm spy??? Race ecm?

I can't find a exmspy for my baby? 2010xb12s What do I do? What's the best race ecm?

Go with the paid version - it's well worth it. Besides, the money goes to a kids' hospital.

http://ecmspy.com/supported.shtml.

The best maps are whichever ones that make your baby sing. Get ECMSpy, learn to use it and all will fall into place.

There is no "best race ECM". You just need the right program that matches the intake and exhaust mods you have.

1) You can get an ECM from IDSpeed or EBR with the right 'race' program that matches your exhaust for $300

2) You can have someone install the correct program on your ECM for $100. PM AZMidget on here.

3) You might be able to get the later DDFI3 program from a free source like Buelltooth.com. I know they are working on it but the '08+ programs a a little harder to find.

If you have a friend with the program you need you can use ECMDroid to install it on your ECM. It's a free app that is much easier to use than ECMSpy. No offense to that awesome powerful program, but unless you are building and injection map from scratch you won't need all the complicated tools ECMSpy offers.
    Last edited by Cooter; 05-09-2016 at 09:31 PM.

The more I look at ECMspy Mono, the more I like it. Also TunerPro RT and ECMDroid are options for you.

I make Bluetooth Dongles ($69) to connect to the bike with any of those softwares/app. I also sell a combo deal with a dongle and a tablet setup ready to go($149)

I can also set you up with a map designed for your setup, via Michael Cobb from Xoptiinside.com ($100)

Ya, I'm playing with Mono too. Once you get used to it, it does have some nice features.

I'm new to Buells, and I have tried to research this without much success. My bike is an 09 XB12R. I'd like to get a new exhaust. I know I need to tune it. Do I need a new ECM for that or can I just use one of the previously mentioned programs and either a bluetooth or cable to tune it?

You can use the stock ecm, with either a usb cable, or a Bluetooth dongle.

Quote Originally Posted by skyfall455 View Post
    Do I need a new ECM for that or can I just use one of the previously mentioned programs and either a bluetooth or cable to tune it?
    You're answer is literally 3 posts above your question.
    Last edited by Cooter; 05-11-2016 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AZmidget91 View Post
    You can use the stock ecm, with either a usb cable, or a Bluetooth dongle.
    Thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    You're answer is literally 3 posts above your question.
    The first time I read that post I didn't get that out of it. Upon re-reading it I have no idea how I missed it.