Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buelltooth ECM concerns

Buelltooth ECM concerns

Hey guys I'm pretty new here. I have a 2007 XB12Ss with a drummer exhaust and K&N filter. I recently bought a EBR race ECM that is setup for my bikes specs. According to EBR I just need to install and reset ECM. However no shops will touch my bike to reset the ECM. Buelltooth looks like the easiest and cheapest route so far. Can anyone confirm this or any other suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance and I look forward to more shop talk with a group of riders that share my love for these machines

By "... reset ECM" I'm assuming you mean reset your TPS(throttle position sensor). If that is the case then yes, you can use a Bluetooth dongle and an Android device with the ECMdroid app to reset your TPS. You could also use a PC and the ECMSpy software, it a great program but I believe ECMDroid is more user friendly.

Azmidget(Cole) on the forum makes and sells Bluetooth dongles, you can find them here:

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?i...urce=typeahead

Hey, that's me! Yes, by reset ecm, I assume you mean the tps reset?

It's a simple process with Bluetooth and ecmdroid.

Open app, connect to Bluetooth dongle, go to active tests, click reset tps, it tells you to back out the idle adjustor so that the butterfly is closed, then it confirms you want to do the tps reset. After that you set the idle to right around 5 degrees and let the bike warm up (I ride for 10 or 15 minutes) and then come home and adjust the idle to around 1000 rpms (can adjust by the cluster and doesn't need hooked back up, although I usually do just to see the RPMs easier)

Here is a video showing the app, with the dongle and tablet I sell.

Facebook.com/buellbluetooth has some info

Yes I meant reset TPS. Sorry for not being clear on that it was late when I started looking into this. I also scrolled through other posts and read similar topics so I apologize for the redundancy. User friendly is going to be the way to go for me. I'm ok when it comes to mechanical but ECM and mapping and changing values is beyond my comfort zone. Don't want to screw up my pride and joy. AZmidget I really appreciated the video. I already have a tablet so how much is just the dongle?

No problem, the XBT dongle I sell is $69 shipped world wide. Yes, I'm not the cheapest, and I wont say another word about my compitition, but I'm the only one backed by xoptiinisde.com, I'm here on the forum, I'm in the facebook groups, my electronics are made in the USA, the creator of TunerPro has one of my dongles for testing and optimizing....

Send me a message if interested.

Just got one from Cole (AZmidget91). works great, linked up to my phone no problem, using EcmDroid, And yes Coles are a little more than others, but he is on here everyday helping others and responds to PMs very quickly!

Thanks guys! AZmidget I'll contact you soon. My wife has an 05 XB9s can I use the same dongle on her bike or do I need another

Use it on as many as you would like works on all 03-10 bikes. I have been getting some feedback about the earlier bikes, and certain ecm firmwares work, and some do not. To clarify, it's the app not working, not the dongle. The dongle will work on any efi Buell using the PC software. It will even work on EBR, but there is no software support at this time.

I've read in several places that you shouldn't be hooked up to the ECM (either by Buelltooth or USB ECM dongle) for extended periods.

Does anyone know why this is? I have a bluetooth ODBII adapter in two of my other vehicles and they stay plugged in all the time. Why wouldn't I want to keep my Buelltooth plugged in all time so the data is always available?

Thanks.

-John

I've never heard that before. What are these "several places"? Are they reputable?
    My Buelltooth dongle has been hooked up to my bike for over 9 months now. Hot, cold, rainy, dry, even track days. It's all good...image.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast