Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: 240 Tire Chain Rub

Okay, so I finally got my ginormous socket in (which looks hilarious on the air gun) and i've disassembled everything again. Guess what? The effing shop who installed the spacer on the wheel GLUED it on. Ugh. I'm having a hell of a time trying to get it off. That's where we're at. I might try to heat it tonight with my trusty blow torch. *Kermit face*
    Last edited by Starbuck; 06-06-2016 at 03:13 PM.

Last edited by Starbuck; 06-06-2016 at 05:47 PM.

Last edited by Starbuck; 06-06-2016 at 05:49 PM.

Banned
    Heat only the spacer.

Starbuck sorry to sidetrack the thread but those rear axle stands you are using in the 2nd pic are bloody brilliant do you know who makes them please? i have never seen anything like those before!

It's all good, Tone! They're accessories from my Quickjack lift. https://www.quickjack.com/accessorie...apter-set.html or here for you over-the-pond types ;P http://www.bendpakranger.co.uk/Shop-...apter-Set.aspx

I'll tell you, if you also work on cars, the Quickjack is one of the best investments I've made into my business. I highly recommend it. They've also been talking about making a motorcycle adapter for a while now but who knows when that will come out. I'll post close up pictures if you'd like. I did do a brief search for similar adapters for you but these seem to be the most economical all-in-one package for your money. They were $220 USD.

What type of business are you in?

My day job is in accounting, my hobby job is a motorcycle and car mechanic.

Starbuck you are the main man! Thank you to going to the trouble of posting the info and links i really appreciate it! i dont work on any cars just my bike and these could solve a couple of issues i have with a damaged right arm getting my bike onto various stands etc but i must admit your version would be even better so i will do some searching over here too in old blighty now i know what they are and what they are used for! and if you do get a spare minute then a close up pic would be awesome! Thanks again!

The transmission sprocket arrived today! Thank you! All I have to do is grind a little off the lockplate (painted yellow).

[/URL]

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast