Thread: HID Issue

HID Issue

Hello Gentlemen,

I've got an HID on my high beam only and when I hit the switch, it flashes on for 3/10 of a second and then nothing. I've tried starting with it on, off...leaving it on both ways to see if the ballasts/capacitors (or whatever) need to be heated or charged and still I've got nothing. I've taken my flyscreen off and pulled all the wires out to see if there are obvious issues and the hot wire running to the battery is also secure. The bulb looks good and like I said, it does flash on very briefly when the switch is actuated. I'm not a novice when it comes to electrical issues but I don't know anything about HIDs. Any ideas?

Thanks!

It is arcing for the start circuit but can't hold it. Replace the ballast, before it ruins the bulb.

Awesome! Thank you!

HID.jpg

...I mean, I'll take it as long as it's not swearing at me.
    Last edited by Starbuck; 05-13-2016 at 06:04 PM.

Cooter, thank you! I replaced the ballast last night and it works perfectly now.

Thanks for posting the final outcome, it really helps for people who actually search!

Ps. Love the screen name (I'm a big dork...)

Most of the time, the ground is not good connected when it flashes. Before you buy anything, check if the ballast works if you put it directly on the battery (with a good cable). I've installed may HID kits in multiple bikes and cars and when they strobe after they've been put on, in 95% it was the ground witch was not good.