Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Motor just stops running

Any luck figuring it out. My06 uly kinda does the same thing, i assume like someone said it is in the ignition circuit. I have the voltage light mod on my dash, so I see when bike loses power, and light comes on, I dont have 12 volts, I assume the cel comes on becuase nothing is getting power at this time, if I hit the kill switch off then on then I see my volts go back to 13.9 and everything runs fine. Tried to pull over when it happens but it will also clear it self out and run good, didnt mean to jack the thread.

Inactive
    Z: if the bike shuts off in conjunction with the volt gauge dropping to below 12.0 volts i'd start by carefully checking the cable condition, the negative cable to ground attachment point, and cable to terminal tightness. your symptoms not related to fuel pump issue with the volt gauge being the clue. i would consider trying a fresh ignition AND battery relay. they're cheap. i'd also remove and replace the battery 30 amp blade fuse. costs 15 cents.

Thanks, lunitac I am sending you a pm

Relays maybe, but if the battery gets unplugged while its running, your voltage won't drop.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123