Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slight OT. I got wrecked...

Slight OT. I got wrecked...

Not on my Buell. But my bicycle. I ride about 20 miles every day and some jackass texter finally got me. The infamous turned left right into me. Hit my back tire and off I went. If I wasn't wearing a helmet on my road bicycle I'd be dead. First thing to hit the road was the right side of my head. Skipped a few times and slid until my head hit the curb. A$$hole.

My Cannonade is fuged up. This morning I talked to the insurance lady and they admit it was 100% the drivers fault. So today is new road bike day... Specialized Roubaix SL4 Sport full carbon fiber road bike. Oh yeah...

Last edited by nicholas900; 05-18-2016 at 02:17 AM.

That's a sweet ride!
    Sucks the circumstances that led to it!
    Your spandex road race suit(ha ha) keep the rash to a minimum?
    I need to get back in biking. I used to ride about 20miles a day myself!
    If motorcyclists think cagers are crazy they should try riding a bicycle!

That is one radical bike its awesome! My family started and owned a bicycle shop which we ran for 52 years before selling up and back in the day even the pro race bikes couldnt match whats available off the shelf nowadays!

Sorry you had a get off due to some asshole texting. Your new specialized is gorgeous. I have a specialized stumpjumper comp fsr and it is the most amazing bike I've ever owned.........spandex suit lol. You guys are terrible

Bike looks cool but the seat looks like it hurts!

Whats that color? Is it the "Look up you damn texter, I'm RIDING here!!" Green?

Nice ride!

Ha ha. My spandex power ranger suit will be covered by insurance lol. I actually faired well with the road rash. Luckily, as I just wear cammo shorts and happened to be wearing a sweat shirt because it was cool out. That helped. I'm sort of the anti road bike guy that happens rides a road bike.

My last bike had an aluminum frame and I always thought it was pretty light. This new carbon fiber bike is crazy light. I can pick the bike up with one finger if I get it right on the balance point. Seriously, one finger. It's super fast.

I do think that is the name of the color Coot. He he. Gonna get a helmet in a similar color. Maybe next time they will see me.

Any pics of the crashed bike? Morbid curiosity.

Great looking bike!!! That color is excellent. Now just get yourself a high vis helmet and jersey and you'll maybe be a little less likely to get run over again by some other texting dick hole... God, people suck.

Glad you didn't get hurt! Kudos on wearing a helmet. Bicycling can lead to a lot of the same head trauma as motorcycling, especially on the road. I planted my noggin into a huge rock at 15+ mph a couple years ago after my front washed out on a leaf covered corner off road. Had to buy a new helmet, but didn't have to buy a new head.

I ended up finding a helmet in the same obnoxious color. I also got these little LED lights that are super bright and can be set to flash. They are real small, but should help be seen. The front is white and rear is red. They just clamp on with a rubber strap. USB rechargeable. One on the seat post and one on the bars. There is no way someone is gonna miss me now!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast