Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ECMspy, megalog tunning

thanks teh

Is there a way to data log with the laptop closed?

You have to set you laptop to stay awake while the screen is closed.

For Vista Users.
    In Vista, you will need to look in your /Program Files/ ECMSPY folder at the top of the folder page you will see something called "Capatability Files".

If you click on it you will then see your log files in kennfeld. You will also notice that Vista puts those files in another directory called:
    "user"/AppData/Local/VitualStore/ProgramFiles/ECMSPY.

Just a weird Vista deal.

Go to the Control Panel and choose Power Options and you will be able to choose the lid closing option you need. Look on the left menu pane.

Thanks Bratgin

I hate to say your switched up on something IMPORTANT, Because this thread is great, but, I believe the rear maps have to be richer because it runs hotter.

As from the developer, and I quote.

"Front and Rear Maps

The Buell and most air cooled in-line V Twins runs hotter on the rear cylinder than the front one due to airflow across the fins. To compensate for this Buell design the ECM with separate tables for Fuel and ignition on front and rear cylinders.

The rear cylinder should normally be similar, but slightly richer than the front cylinder in any area of the fuel map."

GatorBuell...GREAT job.

Thanks for sharing your diligent efforts.

I hate to say your switched up on something IMPORTANT, Because this thread is great, but, I believe the rear maps have to be richer because it runs hotter.

As from the developer, and I quote.

"Front and Rear Maps

The Buell and most air cooled in-line V Twins runs hotter on the rear cylinder than the front one due to airflow across the fins. To compensate for this Buell design the ECM with separate tables for Fuel and ignition on front and rear cylinders.

The rear cylinder should normally be similar, but slightly richer than the front cylinder in any area of the fuel map."
    I understand and have read that from the developer. But after much discussion and testing from others like mike(xopti)on other boards it was determined that that the front cylinder gets more air thus needs a little more fuel. Once you have 14.7 threw tuning if you try to add more fuel to the rear cylinder the afv will, reading the only 02 sensor, remove the added fuel to get to 14.7. The only way that you could add more to the rear than the front is to remove the 02 from the rear pipe and add it to the front or run two sensors. Or you could move your mid point 02 volts up to get a richer afr. Or you could tune until you afv stays at 100% then turn off your closed loop learn and add a few to the entire rear map. But that is all advanced stuff and this thread is just the bare basic beginner stuff so it does not seem so daunting or scary.

10-4

Just a fyi Do not upgrade lets a 2005 stock pcm to a 2007 and you cannot just burn the race map to a stock ecm.
    stock to race+doesn't run and cooling fan runs all the time.
    2005 to 2007 works ok but intermently you get a flashing check engine light with no codes.
    I burned many of car ecm with update and thought i should go with the latest hardware(bad idea).

Being the 02 is in the rear head only it safe to cusion the front.

Please can someone share their ecmspy for Palm pilot? I've spent hours looking with no luck. Please help me, my baby doesn't run or sound good!!

Thanks

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast